GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been seeing these ads for the Jaguar XF to the 'Deep Purple' song, 'Hush'. And the thing that jumped out at me was the similarities in the rears of the XF and Aston-Martin.

The Jaguar XF

Aston-Martin Vantage

Is it me, or is it real? More than likely, Jaguar hired/stole some of the Aston-Martin designers.

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
I've been seeing these ads for the Jaguar XF to the 'Deep Purple' song, 'Hush'. And the thing that jumped out at me was the similarities in the rears of the XF and Aston-Martin.

The Jaguar XF

Aston-Martin Vantage

Is it me, or is it real? More than likely, Jaguar hired/stole some of the Aston-Martin designers.
Both were designed at the same time under Ford.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
haha yeah you beat me to it!
He did the DB7, and laid the foundations for the DB9, but that was finished by Henry Fisker before he started his own company, his older brother designed most of the Mazdas we have today and is now back working at Ford consolidating and working on the Red, White and Bold design

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
I saw a truck full of the XF from a distance and I thought it was a load of Aston Martin Rapides from the back and I freaked out since I believe the production version hasn't been unveiled. Once I got closer I realized it was just a bunch of XFs.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I saw a truck full of the XF from a distance and I thought it was a load of Aston Martin Rapides from the back and I freaked out since I believe the production version hasn't been unveiled. Once I got closer I realized it was just a bunch of XFs.
True, but you can see the spy shots of the Rapide, and it is not very camo'd, so you can get the idea of the production version, which will be built in Austira by Magna Styr, not by Aston itself

·
Registered
44,906 Posts
And I believe under the same guy.

Btw I saw one of those aston martins yesterday, first time ever I see anything worth more than a 7 series. Such a pretty sight.
Even better when you can weasel one of your friends for a drive in a DB9.
:yup:
And then give the DB9 a good run at 165mph.
:yup:

It's an unbelievable machine.

5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
I badly need a Rapide.

I think I can settle for an XF, though. Dark green, tan leather, supercharged engine, 20" rims.

Who would have thought Jaguar would be smart enough to mount the XK's suspension components under the S-Type's floorpan?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.