GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Hummer Rockbox Maxivan ;

This ain't for everyone...as Hummer says ! It was not as easy as it looks, but I think the posting quality problem is solved however. I do not want to meet the Soccer Mom who drives one of these !...LOL . I just noticed a coulpa little things that need fix'in...darn ! I get to it soon, right now, It's NASCAR time.

....update 3/21/06, I promised Rex that i would remove this one when the new one was finished, it's posted here and at the other end of this thread right now.

The Hummer Rockbox MPV

I noticed when I posted it, one thing that needs attention. As soon as I can get to fix that, I will remove the older picture. So, get one last look at the look you love to hate...cuz...it's history. What about the NEW one ?

·
Banned
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rex Raider said:
Aside from the ugly grille and enclosed wheel wells, how is this now a minivan?

LMAO...THIS time I have to agree with you. I may just save it for a real truck entry in a future contest and work on something smaller for this one, huh?

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
I just don't understand your point in being here.
First you were making "art"
Then you were making "works in progress"
Now you are making entries that aren't even entries.

What's the point of this?

We have 11 year old members that can get a grasp of the idea behind our contests. Why can't you?

It's easy. Design a minivan or Crossover car. Don't just change the grille of an existing vehicle. Any idiot can do that. This is a DESIGN contest. DESIGN something.

·
Banned
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Rex Raider said:
I just don't understand your point in being here.
First you were making "art"
Then you were making "works in progress"
Now you are making entries that aren't even entries.

What's the point of this?

We have 11 year old members that can get a grasp of the idea behind our contests. Why can't you?

It's easy. Design a minivan or Crossover car. Don't just change the grille of an existing vehicle. Any idiot can do that. This is a DESIGN contest. DESIGN something.

I DO NOT understand the point of your post at all, other than to be antagonistic toward me. I have made the effort to improve the quality of the pictures I post, at yours and others suggestions here, however to continue to slight me for my conceptual designs is another thing altogether. Your opnions of my designs is fine, like them or not, your personal opinions of me are not approriate at all.

Do I tell you that you are a blind, a incompetent 11 year old, A bad mechanic or just an idiot ?
NO.
YOU HAVE POSTED ALL OF THESE THINGS TOWARD ME & MORE.

I have demonstrated my willingness to to move forward, if you do so too, that will end the annoyance to others here

I have decided to just ignore comments from you from now on, it is pointless to respond any further. I refuse to do so.

·
Banned
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CRBoyd91 said:
Anyways, that grille is atrocious.

LOL...if you look at all the versions of the Rockbox posted here, THAT grille was the main design element of each, oh well. Maybe I can sell it to JEEP ?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Good to see you've got the compression problems fixed. I guessed right on that one.

By far this is the nicest post you've made so far. I'm sorry some people are so negative... they just take it way too seriously I guess. I'd like to see this differentiated more from a regular Hummer... make it more van like. But the more you do this the better you'll get at it.

I myself am going to get a tablet so I can try my hand at some of this stuff... it's the kind of stuff I did with pencil and paper since I was a kid, but I'd like to try it out for real sometime. I can only hope I'll get a more pleasant reception than you have... because I'll have a lot to learn.

·
Banned
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tuxmelvin said:
Good to see you've got the compression problems fixed. I guessed right on that one.

By far this is the nicest post you've made so far. I'm sorry some people are so negative... they just take it way too seriously I guess. I'd like to see this differentiated more from a regular Hummer... make it more van like. But the more you do this the better you'll get at it.

I myself am going to get a tablet so I can try my hand at some of this stuff... it's the kind of stuff I did with pencil and paper since I was a kid, but I'd like to try it out for real sometime. I can only hope I'll get a more pleasant reception than you have... because I'll have a lot to learn.

A TABLET !!!!...crap, I have been doing all of this with a MOUSE and a 10 yr old computer !...You mean I was supposed to use a tablet & a lightpen?

Who needs that s**t ?...LMAO.

·
Banned
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tuxmelvin said:

A TABLET !!!!...crap, I have been doing all of this with a MOUSE and a 10 yr old computer and Photo Deluxe, LOL @ the commentary!...You mean I was supposed to use a tablet & a lightpen and Photoshop ?

Who needs that s**t ?...LMAO. Obviously, not me. Not to play this game.

·
Banned
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
asim said:
The left side looks kinda funky.
funky as in I messed up the chopping ?, there are a few minor details wrong, the lower left rear fender sill is off, the right air vent is missing and there is a pimple on the hood, also the left front tire has a cut in it..or did you mean funky like a Jeep?...which IS what I was going for...lol. I don't know if this one's gonna make it as a final entry either, we will see after the results of the voting thread I posted !

·
Registered
436 Posts
Well, you don't HAVE to have a tablet... I'm just not very skilled with a mouse. I'm not all that skilled with the tablet either. It's kind of weird to use. (I got it last night.)

·
Banned
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
tuxmelvin said:
Well, you don't HAVE to have a tablet... I'm just not very skilled with a mouse. I'm not all that skilled with the tablet either. It's kind of weird to use. (I got it last night.)

So we can look forward to your entry(ies) in the next contest? BTW, I got the new computer online right now...man it is fast !

·
Banned
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Rex Raider said:
Obviously.
LOL REX !...Your OK. considering....jeez, it's too bad we don't decide contests on the views for each thread, did you see the # on my GM minivan's thread !....!

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Remember that every time YOU go to the thread, it counts up by one, and I'm SURE that you check your work whenever you can.
Either that or people are probably checking in to see how I come up with clever things to say about your "work".

·
Banned
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Rex Raider said:
Remember that every time YOU go to the thread, it counts up by one, and I'm SURE that you check your work whenever you can.
Either that or people are probably checking in to see how I come up with clever things to say about your "work".

I know I said I was gonna ignore your posts but THAT is just too good....like I WENT TO LOOK AT MY OWN WORK OVER 1000 TIMES...LMAO ! Rex, I got NOTHING against you at all.
I wish we could just be friends, but it is so much FUN having an adversary here !

1 - 20 of 42 Posts