GM Inside News Forum banner

The hottest Honda on the market

2K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  Millefune 
#1 ·
#14 ·
The fit may be a lot of things, but hot is something I can't see. It's about as hot as an Aveo.

#6 ·
Unfortunately GM has nothing in the B-segment that will even come close to touching this car. Sorry, the Aveo 5 does not come close. Even the 1st generation Honda Fit is superior to the Aveo.

Beat, please!

#7 ·
The vehicle appears very odd.

Although its acceptible in the asian market due to large amounts of traffic and huge populated areas, a compact car sure is the direction, when small individuals can fit inside without any restraints.

But in the US that car is the size of a golf cart.

I dislike it because I am 6'5 and about 220, no way can I enjoy the drive in this micromachine, I need a GM.

#8 ·
Unfortunately for Honda's competition, this vehicle was actually engineered very well. It is projected to receive 5-star crash test ratings all around, with possibly the exception of the rollover test. For a vehicle that is approximately 160" in length, it actually is very safe and has quite a bit of room. Typically this type of vehicle (small hatchback) would not be very popular in the U.S., but Honda dealers could not keep this car on the lot last year. I read that some Honda Fit customers waited more than 4-months to get their Fit. I guess many were having "fits" waiting for their Fit. Sorry, could not resist! :rolleyes:

We will have to wait and see how popular this second generation will be. Based on the pics I've seen, I actually like the fit and finish of this car.

#9 ·
I really liked the way the 1st generation drove and handled. I never thought a subcompact could drive so well. It looked dorky however, and that has carried over into the 2nd generation. If I had a long commute, this would be at the top of my shopping list.

#16 ·
Say what you like. The proof is in the sales figures.

Looks like a shrunken KIA Rondooo!!

#19 ·
That's a pretty darn good point. I do enjoy my sunroof from time to time. I have a feeling in a subcompact where inches are so precious, the sunroof just cuts too much head room.

This post has been deleted
#27 ·
Funniest post all day! Honda isn't expecting Camry/Accord/Malibu-like sales. They know not every American can get away with such a small car. If Honda was "stupid" they would ditch every car in their line-up except the Fit!!! lol

#26 ·
Price went up and gas mileage went down.

#29 ·
I am not going to try to say that Honda is better than GM. I truly like GM cars. I like their designs, especially today's product portfolio. My wife and I even own stock in the company (laugh if you must). However, even though this is a GM enthusiast website, you can't overlook the facts. The facts are in the sales figures. The Honda Fit sells. Making statements such as "Honda is just plain stupid for selling this thing," simply does not make sense. As I indicated in a previous thread, customers could not get enough of this car last year. Honda is even launching this car over one month early due to demand. Reference the following thread: http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/...gm-ready-smaller-engines-when-customer-68312/

Again, I am not trying to say Honda is superior to GM and I too think it's great to make fun of other makes and models (insert pic of flaming CR-V here), but to state that Honda is stupid for trying to sell a car that has proven to be very popular does not make sense.

Oh well. I'm just another guy with a computer and an opinion.

Let the crucifixion begin!

#30 ·
I like how from the side profile, the Fit has a less round/blunt nose than the Aveo. I'm getting sick of blunt noses everywhere (thanks to ridiculous European pedestrian safety garbage... just don't step out in front of a damn car!).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.