·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Nissan GT-R V-Spec lap times stun observers

www.autoblog.com

Nissan GT-R V-Spec lap times stun observers

Posted Apr 8th 2008 8:29PM by Michael Harley
Filed under: Spy Photos, Sports/GTs, Supercars, Nissan

Click above for a high-res gallery of the Nissan GT-R V-Spec.

The prototype Nissan GT-R V-Spec, wearing the "Victory Specification" designation reserved for the ultra high-performance Nissan GT-R, has been caught lapping the famed Nürburgring at an incredible, if not simply unbelievable, 7:25 per lap. This, according to bystanders trackside. (For comparison, Walter Röhrl lapped the Ring in 7:28 while driving a Porsche Carrera GT in 2004.)

In contrast to the standard Nissan GT-R, that made the run around the 'Ring in 7:38, the GT-R V-Spec has a new front splitter, modified rear spoiler, and different wheels. A more extensive use of carbon fiber has reportedly reduced the weight by upwards of 330 pounds. Of course, Nissan engineers also tweaked the twin-turbo powerplant for another 70 horses... or so. Thanks for the tip, XeroK00L!

Gallery: Nissan GT-R Spec-V - spy shots

[Source: Car]

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Re: Nissan GT-R V-Spec lap times stun observers

I still think GM needs to offer an AWD Corvette!

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Thats impressive, hopefully we will get lap times for the ZR1 soon! I would expect the ET's to be similar even with the lack of AWD on the vette, all the ground effects/diffusers on the Vette aren't for looks.
And absolutely nothing on the Nissan is for looks. I mean, just look at it! Sorry, but I will continue to bash it until the exterior resembles something with R32s, R33s, and R34s in its lineage.

·
Premium Member
36,083 Posts
I am sure GM has kept the ZR 1 true numbers under wraps for a good reason..
No one will be dissapointed...
The ZR 1 is probably going to kill each and every living production car close to its class that ever lived...
Let them bask in their short lived groly for now.. Until the king arrives...

5,934 Posts

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
And absolutely nothing on the Nissan is for looks. I mean, just look at it! Sorry, but I will continue to bash it until the exterior resembles something with R32s, R33s, and R34s in its lineage.
Don't get me wrong, I like the ZR1. I had it as my desktop for a while, I'm just saying that the grounds effects on the ZR1 are not cosmetic. They are there for a reason, performance, which should be awesome!

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
I am sure GM has kept the ZR 1 true numbers under wraps for a good reason..
No one will be dissapointed...
The ZR 1 is probably going to kill each and every living production car close to its class that ever lived...
Let them bask in their short lived groly for now.. Until the king arrives...
:clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
i find it strange that the GTR keeps posting times for the car before it even comes out in production form but the ZR1, camaro, etc.. dont brag about their times no matter how good or bad they may be... just a thought. How much is this v-spec going to cost?

1 - 20 of 159 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.