GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
No, Holden gets the 1st Zeta in 2006. All Zetas for Europe will be made in Aus so they may also get it in 06 but be for sure Holden will have the 1st unveiling and also the 1st ones on the road.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts

I couldn't find a picture of the Velite, but the Insignia and Velite look alike. It seems the insignia will be built on the Zeta, maybe the second one to be built.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
cool pictures, but the Euro Zeta's will follow a different mold due to the pedestrian crash standards. Aussie and US Zeta's will probably look a tad different, especialy teh GTO and Camaro.

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
These look very strong and sophisticated. I hope that they maintain this look as they go into production.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I think that from what i remember the VE's will use the sigma chassis. oh and thats not the mitsubishi sigma chassis because if they did that i would buy a pistol and one bullet

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Look at this pic, really cool. Charger, a member of Cheers And Gears did it.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Originally posted by Martino_z@Jul 15 2004, 05:38 PM
I think that from what i remember the VE's will use the sigma chassis. oh and thats not the mitsubishi sigma chassis because if they did that i would buy a pistol and one bullet

Zeta is the new name for sigma lite. Similar to the Sigma chassis, but modified and uses different suspension components etc. The VE commodore will be out sometime in 06

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Originally posted by gerardo_zg@Jul 15 2004, 05:44 PM
Look at this pic, really cool. Charger, a member of Cheers And Gears did it.
Very nice!

However, a little too fastback/hatchback a shape for Buick. Buicks need to be sedans in the classic 3 box sense of the term. That's what they mean to the buying public.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Here's what I want to know about the Zeta platform: what about it is different from the Sigma? I understand Sigmas are expensive, so what's going to make the Zeta more economical?

Any information on this out there?

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Zeta is VE. Aussie's seem to stick with the V chassis moniker for there cars, but to us, it will be known as Zeta.

Zeta uses more steel then aluminum for the suspension components. If you have ever seen the Sigma chassis, you can see the extensive amount of aluminum used in the control arms as well as throughout the body. Zeta will be a moddified chassis using more stamped steel. I dont know if you will be able to swap parts from one to the other. And from what I understand, Zeta will be much more flexable.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Wow Opel looks so cool. I want one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts