GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Volcano! Alive! Camaro!!! That awesome. I don't know how GM will ever top that. Seriously, that was terrible. Really terrible. But that was probably the biggest budget commercial up to that point and it was probably pretty good for its day. I had no idea you could get a folding rear seat back then.

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Ohhhh my.

Let's hope they don't go "retro" on us when they start doing commercials for the upcoming Camaro..........

he he

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Sometimes a cold wind blows a chill in my bones" ... John Denver ... 'Some Days Are Diamonds'

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Wow ... I'm not sure that one is much better, rmodys ... he he ;).

Notice the NCAA game at the end of that clip? NC and Louisville!

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Can't help but think of yesterday" ... George Michael ... 'Faith'

5,934 Posts
Epic. Funny, I actually kinda remember that ad. I kinda remeber that volcano. I was 2 years old when the '67 came out.

Maybe GM should once again go back to the vaults, and do a re-make of this ad for the NG Camaro.

I had a great ad campaign for the SSR that I sent to GM, but they said they couldn't accept 'unsolicited ideas'. It would have had a look and feel to the ZZ Top video for "Gimme All Your Lovin'". With the headlights shimmering through the hot desert heat. I would have given each of the members of ZZ Top an SSR to drive around for a few weeks. Then write and record a song about the car. Then incorporate the song in a "Gimme All Your Lovin'-type" commercial.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a great ad campaign for the SSR that I sent to GM, but they said they couldn't accept 'unsolicited ideas'. It would have had a look and feel to the ZZ Top video for "Gimme All Your Lovin'". With the headlights shimmering through the hot desert heat. I would have given each of the members of ZZ Top an SSR to drive around for a few weeks. Then write and record a song about the car. Then incorporate the song in a "Gimme All Your Lovin'-type" commercial.
I would have loved to have seen that!:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts