GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bud shootout practice live at 2:30 pm & 5:30 Fri. on spd and TD at 8:00 & 9:30 pm.
Cup practice at 9:00 AM & 12:30 Sat. and ARCA race at 3:00 pm all on spd.
Cup Bud Shootout at 7;00 pm Sat. on TNT.
Cup qualifying at 11;00 AM Sun. on NBC. (You better be in church)
All times are CST
There's a good bit of practice all thru the following week but the biggies are as below.
Cup Twin 125s at 12;00 noon on Thu. on TNT.
Craftsman truck race at 7;00 pm Fri on spd.
Busch 300 at 11;00 am Sat. on NBC.
Cup Daytona 500 at 12;30 pm Sun. on NBC. (Hurry home from church)

·
Registered
316 Posts
i don't know if it's true but i wondered too about the magnum and whatever sedan variant they'd have of it. it is extremely boxy and unless NASCAR invents a car for them (which wouldn't surprise me, they did it for the first taurus) i don't see how they have anything that's gonna compete.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
I don't know enough about the rules of Nascar. Do Nascar race cars HAVE to have a showroom counterpart?
Considering all current stock cars are RWD based on FWD cars, what's the real association?

·
Registered
533 Posts
The rule used to be if you're gonna race it, you'd better be able to sell a copy to the public. That's the reason we have Winged Daytonas, SuperBirds and 429 Boss Mustangs, Torino Talledegas, etc....you had to have at least 500 to be allowed thru the gates at any race.

That changed in the mid-80's when the rule became stock-appearing and available to the public, hence Grand Prix 2+2's and Monte AeroCoupes. Now its just a common template, production based. I believe the roof, trunk pannel and hoods are the only 'stock' items on stock cars today. :drevil:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts