GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Bah im at work and YouTube is banned here.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
If the car is this awesome in photos and videos it should be stunning in the metal. GM needs to bring this level of focus and detail to all its products. The sooner the better! :clap:

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Looks great now bring the G8 sport wagon and Insignia Sports Tourer to the US and see if people will move from there SUVs to something more carlike.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I hate wagons... but wow nice car!!

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
I hate wagons... but wow nice car!!
I hate fat, jacked up SUV's, so we cancel each other out! :p: It's a hot wagon!

More like this, please GM -- and give me hot modern (not retro!) styling with a 4-cylinder (Cruze) wagon!

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
The C pillar is too thick, makes the car look too heavy in the back, and will create a monster blind sport. In any event, it's good to see GM expand the CTS line.

Mark

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
The C pillar is too thick, makes the car look too heavy in the back, and will create a monster blind sport. In any event, it's good to see GM expand the CTS line.

Mark
I agree, but on modern expensive vehicles that could really be taken care of with a blind spot sensor that GM already uses on some Buicks AFAIK. I hate to rely on technology as a replacement for intelligence, but having experienced Infinities lane departure system, I've come to realize that some of these systems work incredibly well. Blind spot detection likely works just as well.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I agree, but on modern expensive vehicles that could really be taken care of with a blind spot sensor that GM already uses on some Buicks AFAIK. I hate to rely on technology as a replacement for intelligence, but having experienced Infinities lane departure system, I've come to realize that some of these systems work incredibly well. Blind spot detection likely works just as well.
for a cheaper alternative they can just use mirrors like ford is about to that are made to show you the cars blind spot.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I don't know why anyone would want an SRX over this. I'll take mine in black/black please.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
GM needs to bring this level of focus and detail to all its products. The sooner the better! :clap:
They only bring this level of focus and detail to their low volume vehicles...or cars that are introduced two years before actually produced so that the competition has plenty of time to leap frog them on every front.

·
Registered
459 Posts
for a cheaper alternative they can just use mirrors like ford is about to that are made to show you the cars blind spot.
I've heard GM will be launching them roughly the same time Ford will be, but cannot remember where. That being said GM said they are being "studied"

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,109 Posts
OMG, my wife actually likes this and she isn't a wagon person.
She noticed the nice amplifier receptacle under the wayback floor disguised as a storage bin.

All it needs is a little hack job for ventilation and wire routing (I have access to a laser to make a nice stainless panel to cover it all up) and some equalization correction.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts

Mark
with the new roll over govt specs coming unless you put in a NASCAR roll cage you will see wider and wider pillars holding up the roof. people have to realize that the feds have more to do with the design of your car than the engineers at GM

·
Registered
380 Posts

Mark
Agreed - takes it right off the potential buy list. Its like the new Venza. Really like it from the C pillar forward.

·
Registered
380 Posts
with the new roll over govt specs coming unless you put in a NASCAR roll cage you will see wider and wider pillars holding up the roof. people have to realize that the feds have more to do with the design of your car than the engineers at GM
Give me a break - explain all the wagons out there from Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Volvo, etc. Do they use mystery steel or something?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts