GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now you might be asking, "Burns, what is the car to save ford right now?"

well, i have an answer to that:

a microcar! you know, something to fight the honda fit. Anyways, it was a quick sketch (so things may be off) i did out of boredom. The front end always makes me laugh because it reminds me of bigger ford trucks, but it has a really small body.

and dont mind that line running down the rear window.

·
Registered
438 Posts
As funny as this sentence may sound,

"Take a lesson from me."

Even though I'm not the best drawer out there, I do have a tendancy to make everything cab foreward.

You are quite the opposite.

I don't think I've EVER seen a design from you that is cab-foreward.

You have talent and style, but what about something else?

Now how does this apply to the drawing?

The Preportions of the car resemble a shrunken ford explorer. (okay I exggarratted a bit)

It still is impeccible work, just try something new. (no offense)

·
Super Moderator
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Peugeot_206 said:
As funny as this sentence may sound,

"Take a lesson from me."

Even though I'm not the best drawer out there, I do have a tendancy to make everything cab foreward.

You are quite the opposite.

I don't think I've EVER seen a design from you that is cab-foreward.

You have talent and style, but what about something else?

Now how does this apply to the drawing?

The Preportions of the car resemble a shrunken ford explorer. (okay I exggarratted a bit)

It still is impeccible work, just try something new. (no offense)
no offence taken;)

im actually working on a concept now, ive decided to create my own car company to display any outragous concepts i may have doodled here and there (concepts that just cant be used by car companies today).

and this drawing was more of a joke than a styling exercise. :D

·
Super Moderator
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that sure is funky, if too funky. looks like a very unsophisticated toy car rather than a ford-saving microcar.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
The Ford Ka is an A-class car .. not a B-class ... US does not have any A-clas vehicles right now - and it is for a reason - imagine the Ka colliding with a suburban.

yup - not a pretty picture.

Ford has at least 2 if not 3 or more B-cars under development, and as I posted earlier on GMI - the platfornm is ready, and I owuld expect green light on at least the core product at or by the end of February, moving it to release date of October 2008 as 2009 mpodel year.

I would be surprised, if Ford or any automaker (save for Smart) bring over any car smaller than B-segment.

Expect a concept -pre-production model of at least one B-car at NAIAS 07.
Igor

·
Registered
30 Posts
Too much on the eye. There are too many tones and too many lines. If it were cleaner and tighter, it would get across the point a little faster.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts