GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Buick Envision Compact Crossover Eyed For U.S.
U.S. sales of the Envision are expected to begin in the third quarter of 2015
October 2, 2014
Edmunds

DETROIT — Buick is expected to expand its model line next year with the addition of the Buick Envision, a compact crossover that will be available with mild hybrid technology, Edmunds has learned.

U.S. sales of the Envision are expected to begin in the third quarter of 2015, according to an industry insider with knowledge of the plans. The Envision is a little larger than the Buick Encore, but smaller than the Buick Enclave. A mild hybrid turns the engine off when the car is coasting, braking or stopped, then quickly restarts when the accelerator is depressed.

GM has not confirmed whether Envision sales are planned in the U.S. "We can't confirm anything, but clearly it is a very nicely designed and executed product that is very much a Buick," Duncan Aldred, vice president of Buick-GMC sales, told Edmunds. He added that the Envision would fit into "a big segment in the U.S."

*All details in the link

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Thanks for posting!

I think that the exterior of this car was an opportunity wasted for GM and Buick. It could have been so much more. It's not bad, but it could (and should) have been so much better.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I've yet to see anything on this that I dislike. I just put my wife on notice - we've found her next vehicle.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Thanks for posting!

I think that the exterior of this car was an opportunity wasted for GM and Buick. It could have been so much more. It's not bad, but it could (and should) have been so much better.
Well from the rear three quarter it totally looks like a BMW X3/5. Change the badge and the average buyer wouldn't know!

·
Registered
2018 Chevrolet Tahoe Premier
1,309 Posts
Mild hybrid? When GM will cease to use this technology?

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
Cross overs are what consumers are buying in volume. Hopefully as gm develops the three or four sized CUVs consumers will gravitate towards them.

I'm not a fan but overall consumers love cuv s....

So give the. What they want...

Just take the AWD sedans...lift them up on tall wide tires...and give them a cuv body...

I'd be interested in a Cadillac competitor to the sporty Porsche Macan drivers cuv....

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Thanks for posting!

It is not so much a lost opportunity as it is an Opel. Between you, me, and the gatepost, I have a lot of problems with adding a waterfall grille, ventiports, and chrome to Opels and calling them Buicks. Buick is much more successful in North America [and China] than Opel is in Europe. Wouldn't it make more sense to give the lead to the more successful brand?

Heck, it would be OK if Opel did the engineering. However, the skins of Buicks should be uncompromised Buick.

·
Registered
416 Posts
From thew rear Envision looks very nice. I suspect the interior will be nicer than either the Encore or the Enclave. It should be a good selling Compact SUV. If Buick uses Lithium Ion batteries for the mild hybrid that should be an added plus for it...

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
It is not so much a lost opportunity as it is an Opel. Between you, me, and the gatepost, I have a lot of problems with adding a waterfall grille, ventiports, and chrome to Opels and calling them Buicks. Buick is much more successful in North America [and China] than Opel is in Europe. Wouldn't it make more sense to give the lead to the more successful brand?

Heck, it would be OK if Opel did the engineering. However, the skins of Buicks should be uncompromised Buick.
Well, Opel and Buick are now conjoined twins - only minor detail will set them apart, except maybe the Enclave and Lacrosse which are too big for anyone outside the US

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,439 Posts

I say not really, to me the somewhat sporty nature of these products GM is giving to Buick are just what they need to help move their image away from the past.
Well, Opel and Buick are now conjoined twins - only minor detail will set them apart, except maybe the Enclave and Lacrosse which are too big for anyone outside the US
Nice of you to point this out for MisterMe. And like the above response, I say good for them for the same reason.

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,392 Posts
A mild hybrid turns the engine off when the car is coasting, braking or stopped, then quickly restarts when the accelerator is depressed.
I assume that would be an eAssist version of the 2.5L?? Or will they continue with the 2.4L, I hope not. An eAssist 2.5L would make a good addition to Colorado/Canyon too, if you ask me, plus the Verano.

This Envision looks very good to me.

Reactions: BlueMontreal
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.