GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM has had one turning point in their lives. They went from big to small. Looking at the sales at many GM vehicles, I see most of their sales decreasing, and the imports increasing. There is no way that Toyota Motor Corp. will take over GM as the top brand, as they did with Ford, because GM is increasing market shares, and showing more increases. But, what cars will prove the increases? I've seen very few new Malibu's, but a lot of Aveos. I've seen no Colorados, but a lot of Silverados. Yeah, it'll take time, but how long. GM has to make the competition mark. If you can't beat 'em join 'em, exactly what Gm did with the Aveo. What cars will people buy from GM most likely (new only----no silverados!) and if they will, in what areas of the United States/Canada :huh:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Gm needs to make up where they snoozed for many years. The new cobalt looks like mint in person - and I guarantee it will be a hit. The G6 is key, and the aveo needs to see good sales numbers. If GM recovers market share in this area, they will be able to continue market share increases as the past 2 out 3 years... their ongoing battle will be to eliminate the incentives - that will be a task that will affect their bottom line

·
Registered
43,877 Posts
I've seen a great deal of Aveo's, surprisingly enough. I've seen a Malibu, and I MUST say.... that is the UGLIEST car I've ever seen on the road. I kept hoping I would find an angle in which it actually looked good. Nope. It is DAMN ugly.

No COlorados... but tons of Hummers and Escalades. I could care less about the Colorado. Hummers and Escalades have very high profit margins for GM, which is better for 'em.

Toyota can't catch GM so long as GM keeps increasing its market share. If they increase 1% a year, no way Toyota can catch 'em. If GM can regain 35% of the market, then OK. But Toyota's pockets are as deep as Microsoft. So Toyota can play the waiting game. GM cannot.

Only time will tell.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Originally posted by yoblues@Feb 8 2004, 07:54 PM
Well if Chevy would build me a RWD Coupe or the RWD Nomad concept GM would have one more customer.
Your in luck. They have a RWD coupe. Enjoy your new GTO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts