GM Inside News Forum banner

The 65-mpg car Ford won't sell in the U.S.

6K views 87 replies 42 participants last post by  Extreme4x4 
I would buy this car. i would not even think about it twice. 65 mpg whats there to think about. I do not understand why ford and gm do not want to bring these vehicles here. Think about tv ads. more mpg then price and it cost 3k less. This would change image of ford and gm over night. People would not think of them as a truck and suv comp. It's crazy how stupid ford and gm are. They have chance to change their image over night and they will sell so many of these cars and they will not do it. Just stupidity

Sell the damn diesels here. WTF?!? This is so frustrating!

Gee, our image is one of truck maker. Trucks that run on diesel, by the way. So let's not sell a 65mpg car here because it might hurt our image and make us look old tech?!?

FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:brick:brick:brick:brick:brick
Well said. How much more frustrating can it get????? They have 65 mpg car and they will not sell it here, when people are buying anything that gets 35 mpg. Imagine how fast ford would sell 65mpg car. This is just crazy. And then we get these people asking gov. for money because they are broke. Well idiots in detroit you would not be broke if you sold this car here. People would have a good opinion of you not just as a truck evil company. Yes lets get these morons our money so they can waste it.

*sigh* Diesels are an attractive option, one that I'd like to see here in greater numbers, but...I think Lutz hit the nail on the head when he noted that Joe Consumer will look at a diesel, STILL think old smelly and noisy, see that diesel fuel costs more than gas, and that you have to pay a premium for the engine, and will be turned off despite the fuel economy savings. It seems like its getting harder and harder to change Americans' perceptions of anything!
well even with premium price and higher diesel cost. you will still save money. Think about it. you can get 34 mpg aveo or 65mpg fiesta. That is 30mpg more to the gallon and price difference in diesel is not that significant. And when you factor in that diesel engines last longer you come to conclusion that lutz is an idiot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.