GM Inside News Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
That isn't its problem--the turbo does that. The questions are: will they put it in something lighter, and is it smooth & quiet enough for passenger cars?
GM still makes passenger cars? ;) As previously noted,it would be cool to try this engine in the Colorado/Canyon and mid to large size CUVs.

That's not to say I wouldn't love to see it wedged into a Trax or Cruze SS! :drive:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm in both camps. If I'm in a smaller car, I really want the small turbo engine. In a full size truck, this 2.7T is just too small to crank out the efficiency, which is why I keep reverting back to my "I want a V8" mindset.

I'm in agreement with DaBangBang though on the 3.6. The engineers/suppliers for that motor must have some serious dirt on someone at GM for this thing to keep getting dumped into so many platforms. It is getting close to outlasting the legendary LS platform at this point, and I know it isn't anywhere near as liked.
what exactly is the problem with the 3.6 V6?

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
The 3.6 is great for Mainstream applications...Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Ford, FCA all have a corporate V6 so I dont have a problem w/ GM offering one. I'm just glad GM hopped on the DOHC train and we're not trying to justify a OHV V6 like we trying to do back in the mid 00s.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Put this engine in the Colorado/Canyon and Blazer. Can take care of the 2.5 and 3.6 with one stone. Assuming I still can't have my 5.3.

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Video only proves what I suspected, have to keep the 2.7T at or below 70 MPH to get any MPG out of it, anything over that and it uses fuel. And why aren't there any 2.7T Crew Cabs available for tests, Crew Cabs are only 70% of Full size Truck sales.

Need to see a test of vehicles that are the best sellers.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts