GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
It is Colorado. I swear this car has had the longest gestation I could remember.
Duke Nukem Forever. Detox.

But if it's a high power AWD system, it's probably just for the LF3... if at all. Nuttin to see here.

pretty good video. Think the production grill might have been poking out there a little bit too (not completely finished of course).
Are those wheels new or off something else?
New.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Anybody else find it weird that there's so many non-V ATS' & CTS' there in camo in the beginning of the video? Could they be testing a new engine/transmission?
Even last generation CTS. It could be other divisions within GM testing all sorts of components. I hope Chevrolet is looking to use the old CTS platform in an updated form, that would be nice.. but probably never going to happen. Its a fat pig.

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
Anybody else find it weird that there's so many non-V ATS' & CTS' there in camo in the beginning of the video? Could they be testing a new engine/transmission?
Come to thing of it, yes. Originally, the only thing I thought was strange was how unsure he was pretending to be it was a Cadillac when it was conspicuously parked in a parking lot full of Cadillacs.

I'm guessing probably the 8 speed + AWD and maybe the 8-speed plus the new 3.0TT, maybe to replace the LFX finally.

An AWD 400hp TT 3.0L V6 with the 8-speed would be a baaaaaad CTS.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Come to thing of it, yes. Originally, the only thing I thought was strange was how unsure he was pretending to be it was a Cadillac when it was conspicuously parked in a parking lot full of Cadillacs.

I'm guessing probably the 8 speed + AWD and maybe the 8-speed plus the new 3.0TT, maybe to replace the LFX finally.

An AWD 400hp TT 3.0L V6 with the 8-speed would be a baaaaaad CTS.
Would be very nice. It would make sense for all those different cars (and it's a lot of them) to be testing. I think the latter part of the video actually happened first, then he followed it back to the hotel.

·
Registered
271 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the ATS is rumored to be getting a powertrain refresh for 2016. So it wouldn't surprise me if that is in fact the case. 2015 was the exterior refresh for the new logo, next year it's supposedly the powertrains turn. If I had to guess I'd say it'll include the new updated lfx that's also going into the new camaro, the new 8 speed trans and maybe the 7 speed manual. Wouldn't surprise me if they dropped the 2.5 litter engine too, it's already gone on the coupe.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If I'm not mistaken the ATS is rumored to be getting a powertrain refresh for 2016. So it wouldn't surprise me if that is in fact the case. 2015 was the exterior refresh for the new logo, next year it's supposedly the powertrains turn. If I had to guess I'd say it'll include the new updated lfx that's also going into the new camaro, the new 8 speed trans and maybe the 7 speed manual. Wouldn't surprise me if they dropped the 2.5 litter engine too, it's already gone on the coupe.
They need a down market engine for the ATS to replace the 2.5L. Either a detuned 2.0T or they could bring over Opel's 1.6T that can put out 220+ hp

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
Would be very nice. It would make sense for all those different cars (and it's a lot of them) to be testing. I think the latter part of the video actually happened first, then he followed it back to the hotel.
I think someone called him up and said "We're testing the new CT6 out in Colorado, get your butthole over there now."

I'm thinking if the 3.0TT is 400/400 like Reuss supposedly said on the conference call (I never listened, but A123 said he said it and I believe him), a small 20ish HP bump for the 2.0T might be in the cards, and the LF3 might totally transition over to the ATS-V tune.

Escalade is getting a 500ish hp motor AND the TTV6. Combine both of those rumors with the 500hp TTV6 ATS-V for a 420/460 base Escalade and a 500/500 Escalade Vsport.

Now take the already-270/295 LTG; the weak sauce LFX at what, 320/270?; and the LF3 at 425/430 and consider that the LFX is on its way out and the 3.0L TTV6 is on its way in. Reuss suggested it will be in the neighborhood of 400/400.

Makes sense with an already nearly 300/300 LTG at one end of the engine lineup, a 400/400 3.0L TTV6 in the middle, a 500/500 LF3 above that and a 650/650 LT4 above THAT.

Pretty good power gradient, if you ask me.

When they are driving up on it and it's just sitting there, it looks really imposing. It's almost sinister looking with the black front end disguise, and I'm really liking those wheels.
Yes, it does. Garbage bags always remind me of something terrifying. Or are those white sheets?

But seriously, it does look good stance-wise, I just hope the actual details of the design live up to everyone's expectations (within reason).

They need a down market engine for the ATS to replace the 2.5L. Either a detuned 2.0T or they could bring over Opel's 1.6T that can put out 220+ hp
That slots nicely under the 300/300 LTG as a 200/200 1.6T. :)

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Using the CTS Vsport's tune, a 3.0TTv6 would ~354hp, which would be a good number. The only curveball is what's going to be the ATS-V's tune. 500hp from a TTV6 would be amazing.

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
Using the CTS Vsport's tune, a 3.0TTv6 would ~354hp, which would be a good number. The only curveball is what's going to be the ATS-V's tune. 500hp from a TTV6 would be amazing.
Consider it'll supposedly be the most powerful V6 in its segment, and I believe 400 was specifically mentioned. Maybe AMERICA123 can clarify for us.

500 from a TTV6? Amazing?

1 - 20 of 157 Posts