GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to smoke NBA superstar Tim Duncan's Dodge Challenger off the line?

The speed demons at Texas tuners Hennessey Performance Engineering can help you. They've developed a turbo-upgrade package for the Challenger that can make 526 hp and 542 lb-ft of torque to the rear wheels. That edges Duncan's supercharged model (which Hennessey also outfitted) that "only" makes about 490 hp.

Here's the real eye-popper: The turbocharged car can do the quarter mile in 11.92 seconds at 121 mph and 0-60 mph in 3.8 seconds.

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080822/FREE/308189916/1065

More HP and torque! What can go wrong with this? Nothing!!! :D

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
What could go wrong? Lot's if your dealing with that loser. Hennesey is all over the Challenger boards trying to drum up business. It's funny to watch everyone ignore the clown. There are too many good tuners out there doing fabulous things with the Challenger to ever think about giving him a nickel.

There are already several turbo systems, supercharger systems and NA 426's that sound and perform awesome.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Hennessey is a crook. There are all kinds of interesting stories revolving around that guy. It's too bad too, because some of their ideas and finished products are awesome.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
What could go wrong? Lot's if your dealing with that loser. Hennesey is all over the Challenger boards trying to drum up business. It's funny to watch everyone ignore the clown. There are too many good tuners out there doing fabulous things with the Challenger to ever think about giving him a nickel.

There are already several turbo systems, supercharger systems and NA 426's that sound and perform awesome.
Hennesey will be a Viper guy first and foremost, just like Steve Saleen will be a Mustang guy and Reeves Callaway will be a Corvette guy (despite other cars they may have messed with).

I might pay attention to him though if he comes up with a supercharger or turbo package for the V6 version, just like Carroll Shelby & the Mustang CS6...

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Hennesey will be a Viper guy first and foremost, just like Steve Saleen will be a Mustang guy and Reeves Callaway will be a Corvette guy (despite other cars they may have messed with).

I might pay attention to him though if he comes up with a supercharger or turbo package for the V6 version, just like Carroll Shelby & the Mustang CS6...
I have a hard time seeing any of the guys you mentioned on other cars myself but Hennesey is more of a Mopar guy, he just get's more attention with Vipers and ripping people off. It will be weird hearing the name Saleen associated with Challengers and Camaros but Saleens new company looks to already be the front runner with the new Challenger. He has already developed an "in-house" built twin screw supercharger for the Challenger. Apparently his new SMS company is an incredible state of the art facility. Let's hope he doesn't get deluded into thinking building a car from the ground up is a good idea.

http://www.smslimitedusa.com/570.html

·
Premium Member
9,040 Posts
I have a hard time seeing any of the guys you mentioned on other cars myself but Hennesey is more of a Mopar guy, he just get's more attention with Vipers and ripping people off. It will be weird hearing the name Saleen associated with Challengers and Camaros but Saleens new company looks to already be the front runner with the new Challenger. He has already developed an "in-house" built twin screw supercharger for the Challenger. Apparently his new SMS company is an incredible state of the art facility. Let's hope he doesn't get deluded into thinking building a car from the ground up is a good idea.

http://www.smslimitedusa.com/570.html
I think I just got happy in my pants from clicking that link. :hyper: I also agree with that last sentence. Plus, I like your avatar Swede. :tup::

1 - 7 of 7 Posts