GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was informed that my local dealership had just gotten one of the "special edition" (one of the 888's)

I called and they said that I could test drive it immediately

It was a red GT with all black interior, the price on it was $32,105.

I test drove it and the V8 power was VERY NICE! I espically liked that driver's information center (the way it works)

Funny as I was driving it with the salesperson in the backseat, my girlfriend tagged along in the passenger seat. A dude in BMW 5 series rolled down and said "Man, is that the new Pontiac G8??? It's very good looking!" the salesperson, of course, immediately started to make a sales pitch and they had conversation while we were at the stop light.

When we got back to the dealership, there were other salespersons with customers waiting for us to come back to check it out. Surprising that the first day it arrived in out town, its already getting attention!!

Oh, the trunk is HUGE, I bet that 3 of us could fit snugly in there! I'm telling you!

I took one picture of it while the salesperson went in to get us a brochure, I told him that I was waiting for the GXP version to come out :bounce:

Theres the picture:

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
WOW I never realized how flared out those fenders are! My Pontiac dealership supposedly has two GT's and two sedans- I need to get over there and check them out!

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
WOW I never realized how flared out those fenders are! My Pontiac dealership supposedly has two GT's and two sedans- I need to get over there and check them out!
I didn't realize they would be that flared either. I wish we had a rear shot of the same car. Looks nice.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Somehow I didn't even notice the wheel flares. They flare enough on my Grand Prix to make the gas fill disappear from the drivers seat. It looks very aggressive and I can't wait to see one at the local dealership.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Would this happen to be Courtesy Pontiac? My wife and I bought a 2007 G6 GTP sedan (see avatar at left) from them (Sean was the salesman) in January. Sean's actually a car guy. We talked about the G8 a bit while I was there. A few of the dealerships here in Baton Rouge have white GT's. The car looks much better in person.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Would this happen to be Courtesy Pontiac? My wife and I bought a 2007 G6 GTP sedan (see avatar at left) from them (Sean was the salesman) in January. Sean's actually a car guy. We talked about the G8 a bit while I was there. A few of the dealerships here in Baton Rouge have white GT's. The car looks much better in person.

Yea thats Courtesy Pontiac

I got my 07 G6 from there as well but my salesman was Scott

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
I just saw my first G8 today on the showroom floor of a local dealer. According to the Pontiac website, there are 3 in all of the Seattle area, and only 5 in the state.

I liked it very very much. It got me re-thinking my CTS fetish. It was a loaded G8 V6, which is what I want. The grey color too, which is the ONLY ONE I would have.

The dealer wasn't exactly clamoring to sell it to me, though. I still have 7 months left of my CTS lease, and I doubt if they feel the need to help me when someone will probably come in this week and write a check for it.

I'll say this: There was no "market adjustment" sticker. No dealer add-on at all. Just the sticker of about just over 30K.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
There are going to be very few '08 G8s as I'm pretty sure they've already started building the '09s. I sat in one at the auto show and what I couldn't get over was how huge this car is on the inside and what a deal it is. Just curious but has anyone seen/have pictures of the interior light up?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts