GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tesla Motors hires 24-year Chrysler vet as engineering chief

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/stories/2008/07/07/daily19.html?f=et78&ana=e_du

Electric car maker Tesla Motors hired Mike Donoughe to oversee both its Roadster sportscar program and its development of a 5 passenger sedan.

Donoughe worked 24 years at Chrysler, where he led redesign efforts for the company's mid-sized vehicles. He also did a three-year stint in Stuttgart as director of passenger car development for Mercedes Benz M and R class vehicles.

Ze'ev Drori, CEO of Tesla, said hiring Donoughe will help the company prepare to expand.

Donoughe will work in Tesla's head office in San Carlos. His title -- a new position at the company -- is executive vice president, vehicle engineering and manufacturing.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
My workplace has a fair amount of former Chrysler engineers. Not many of them have much good to say of the experience.

·
Premium Member
9,366 Posts
Thsi is good news for Telsa! They're getting a lot of expertise on board that they're going to need.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
well, if chrysler is going under I would like GM to find a way to pick up jeep and pair it with hummer. Stock swap, something. I know that GM doesnt have the cash so it is prob a pipedream.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Awesome, I hope tesla continues to expand and do well.

Heres to hoping for a 4th Major American Car Company!!!

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
So I thought Tesla thumbed their nose at the traditional US auto industry. Yet here they higher a 24 year veteran to a VP position. Perhaps Detroit is not as dumb as people think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts