GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,407 Posts
What we are seeing is truly remarkable. You couldn’t make it up! Or believe it, even as a B-grade movie plot. And clearly the residue of denial remains.

Only five years separate Tesla’s birth and GM’s rebirth.

In 2008 GM resumed operations as an existing automotive design & manufacturing powerhouse. In 2003 Tesla was formed from literally nothing, beginning with 2 staff.

The comparison couldn’t be more stark. From nothing, a company has turned the industry upside down, and has forced GM to turn itself inside out.

One is the story of rapid expansion towards international success. Whilst the other, previously the perennial world leader, has shrunk down into regional status and now plays catch up, to a start-up!
That is an interesting take. To be honest I see Tesla as an example of company that shouldn’t have gotten so big so fast if it weren’t for a heavy reliance on government money. Ol’ Elon knows how to swindle the tax payers and I sure don’t like it from that Charlatan.

· Registered
1,407 Posts
That emboldened quote from Electrek which I highlighted in my post #9, it really hit me - how Tesla Model Y is now “on its way to becoming the best-selling car in the whole world.” (!) And this follows the terrific success of Model3. Which itself follows on from their rightly praised ModelS.

Truly phenomenal.

As a rejoinder to your view, I might also observe (and it can’t be ignored or dismissed) that new GM has likewise, and literally from and in its creation, been a massive beneficiary of both private and taxpayer largess...
Can’t disagree but GM is a far larger organization which had a history of supporting middle class family incomes. Not to mention providing all of America with mass market transportation options. Elon is marketing to a small segment albeit successfully.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts