GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
37,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

ByJohnna Crider
Posted on August 6, 2022

Elon and Tessie are two-month-old kittens that were rescued by Tampa police after being trapped inside a Tesla for at least two days in mid-July. Jen Tate shared the story of these two miracle fur babies on her Instagram, JenzFosterKittens. And it’s a miracle they survived.

TESLA OWNER GOES ON A WEEKEND TRIP AND COMES BACK TO LITTLE MEWS
rKittens/Instagram
The owner of a Tesla left for the weekend trip and came home to tiny mews coming from the car. He called the Tampa Police for help and two officers arrived. The officers worked for nearly an hour to free the kittens.

Jen said on Instagram that she was already aware of the situation since she had received a contact form about them.

She believed that the mother stashed them in the Tesla to keep them safe; unaware that the owner of the vehicle would be gone for the weekend. The kittens were trapped without food or water.

ELON AND TESSIE GET RESCUED
Jen fosters kittens and cats and fortunately, had room for little Elon and Tessie since she had just adopted out a few kittens. She said that it took a couple of weeks to get the two kitties to eat again.

I believe too long with no nutrition plus just being at the transitional stage made it even more challenging. But fast forward 6 weeks and this precious pair of survivors are now ready for their together forever home!” she wrote.
Jen said that Little Elon is always looking out for his litter sister who happily accepts her brother’s love and protective nature.
If this sounds familiar, Maye Musk, mother of Tesla CEO Elon Musk, has often spoken of the love between her children. Tosca Musk recently spoke of how proud she was of her brother Elon’s accomplishments.
“Little Elon is the brave one of the pair and constantly looks out for his little sister, who happily accepts his brotherly love and protective nature. They are both super sweet once they know you are kind, and they have the loudest purrs! They love cuddle time, having their heads and bellies rubbed, and…FOOD! (Making up for lost time).”

Jen Tate is the foster coordinator for St. Francis Rescue Tampa which is in need of donations to help care for rescues such as Elon and Tessie. For those interested in donating, $10 will feed a kitten for a month and $25 will vaccinate one animal. You can learn more here.
Cole and Marmelade have been keeping up with the kittens who still need a loving home. The two kitties have made another friend, Margot, and the hope is that someone will want to adopt all three.

What happened to the fire department? And that cop needs a lesson in how to hold a kitten. Otherwise, cheers!

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
15,241 Posts
She believed that the mother stashed them in the Tesla to keep them safe; unaware that the owner of the vehicle would be gone for the weekend. The kittens were trapped without food or water.
The mother of the kittens put them in the car I guess? So that means the car was open enough to let the cat do it... meaning the owner of the car is clearly a danger to the cat and kittens if I'm seeing this right ... Good lord. :(

·
Premium Member
37,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^ It appears the kittens were under the car. I'd think jacking the car up would have made this task a bit easier, but then I'm not a Tampa fireman. Cop. Whatever.

Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Banned
4,746 Posts

Obviously the kittens need to get their eyes tested, a Tesla looks nothing like a cat.

·
Premium Member
37,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Visitors for abroad found our local news as mindless and frivolous because it focused on stories about fire departments getting kittens out of trees. This is another iteration
The banality of what passes for news in the US is appalling. It's mostly about spectacle, celebrity culture and talking head panels.
Animal rescue is hardly banal. Or mindless or frivolous. This is a feature article, or a human/animal interest if you prefer.
it's not the headlines in the NYT. Not that the Times is exactly a newspaper.

If you hate animals, or have no sympathy for innocent life, move on. Nobody forced anybody's eyeballs onto this thread.

• Helpful
Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Animal rescue is hardly banal. Or mindless or frivolous. This is a feature article, or a human/animal interest if you prefer.

If you hate animals, or have no sympathy for innocent life, move on. Nobody forced anybody's eyeballs onto this thread.
I related how visitors from abroad viewed local news coverage. I doubt that they hate animals or have sympathy for innocent life. They are more tuned into international events, being the victims/perpetrators of invasions of two worlds wars and dozens of continental wars. They also feared nuclear wars. So yes this seemed trivial to them. Maybe we have human interest stories of paramedics saving lives

·
Registered
3,769 Posts

You should understand my comment was a critique of US corporate news more generally, and in response to Gregg Burr's post in particular, in which he critiqued US news media more generally as well in terms of what he hears from international visitors. It's a valid criticism. At no time did I reference your particular story for criticism. My remarks were outside of that.

·
Premium Member
37,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I related how visitors from abroad viewed local news coverage. I doubt that they hate animals or have sympathy for innocent life. They are more tuned into international events, being the victims/perpetrators of invasions of two worlds wars and dozens of continental wars. They also feared nuclear wars. So yes this seemed trivial to them. Maybe we have human interest stories of paramedics saving lives
You should understand my comment was a critique of US corporate news more generally, and in response to Gregg Burr's post in particular, in which he critiqued US news media more generally as well in terms of what he hears from international visitors. It's a valid criticism. At no time did I reference your particular story for criticism. My remarks were outside of that.
Thanks for your measured responses. I don't see furrin news so I have nothing to compare US news with. I do get quite irritated with all the "personality" and the emphasis on aren't we having fun, e.g. Fox and Friends/Fiends who seem to just sit around and cackle. (I too was in school with 10th grade girls, I've seen all the gigglefests I need.) And the lack of awareness of how serious the international situations can become fast. Lots of crazies out there. But yeah, we haven't been invaded and had two world wars and countless skirmishes going back 1500 years fought all over our turf.

A couple of nights ago I saw a clip of a cop dragging someone out of a burning car. Getting cooked alive doesn't seem like a real pleasant way to go. Getting cooked rescuing someone doesn't seem like a great way to spend your evening either.

But I also like critter stories. I do my own small part in the rescue world.

Diff'rent Strokes.

·
Premium Member
37,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What a sweet looking pooch. And she owns you, bmw, she's staking her claim. My chair! We had the sweetest black lab retriever, Samantha, who we took in after my wife's father couldn't care for her any more. We had concerns because we had two cats. No problemo. Once they all got acquainted, Sammy and Bizzie or Shelly would often chill out on Sammy's big padded nap thingie.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts