GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since everyone (myself included) thinks the Uplander is so ugly I thought I'd take a stab at changing the styling. Now keep in mind I did this on paint so it doesn't look the greatest. I tried to make it look more like the rest of the the Chevy line up and it also looks a little more SUVish which I think is a good thing since Chevy seems to be trying to advertise it as a half van, half SUV thing.

Here's the address, If anyone wants to post the image (I don't know how)that'd be great.
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v294/G...f_/9fab40ee.bmp

Also here's what the car originally looks like
http://www.chevrolet.com/uplander/gallery.htm

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Except for the lights and some goof ups on the grille and windows I'm not really noticing anything different, maybe you could point it out?

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
I like the chrome bar across the front. I see where you are going with the headlights, but I think you need to do it from another angle - I'm not sure that works - looks like the lights are on the bumper area (not a good thing).

If Chevy is really shooting for an SUV image, it seems odd to leave the chrome bar out --- and I still don't like that Cheyenne concept's feminized look without chrome bar, if that's what Chevy was shooting for.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Doesn't load for me.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
I don't like it. The lights are just too ugly. I think if applied correctly, the chrome cross-bar would look nice on the Uplander.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really hate the front of the new Malibu, which seems what the front syling of the Uplander is based on, where the bar goes underneath the lights so thats why I put the lights under it like that and then the only other thing I changed was making the bar chrome. Theres some more things I would change like lowering where the bumper starts to bulge out so it doesn't look like the lower lights are on it if I had more skills and wasn't doing this on paint. I still don't think it looks that great, no vans do, but I think I like it better than the current design of the Uplander.

·
Registered
316 Posts
i think GM should scrap what they have for vans and start over. or just ditch it all together, they've never been good at minivans, they've ever even come close to competing...and judging by what they've just given us, they never will.

·
Registered
633 Posts
All I can say is that is the most discusting front end of an automobile ive ever seen. if they even come out with something even close to that I will never buy another GM product ever again! Sorry nice try but that is hideous. :angry: :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think Gorf's changes make it more in line with the newer Chevy bowtie look. Not that it looks a whole lot better, just more consistent with the current look of the Chevy brand. Uplander as it is now is one fugly rig! Reminds me of the old Durango front end. Yecccch!

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
What really needs a redesign is that fugly Buick Terraza grille with the black plastic slats...looks like a wide open fish mouth or a huge black nose --- it doesn't even PRETEND to look premium... Looks like a KIA on a bad day.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
The CSV's will not get a good rating on the outside. And, for me, I would not like to be driving a vehicle that looks pukey on the outside. Even though the interior is nice, with cool features,and all: I could buy a Sienna, and get an even better interior, and exterior.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I think that it's an improvement....

GM goes around getting our hopes up with promising cars like the G6 and the Cobalt and then we get THESE FOUL VEHICLES that try to pass for minivans. :microwave:

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Yeah...that doesn't really do it for me. Sorry...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts