GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here. Currently we have a 2002 Envoy and it has been a pretty good crap hauler for the fam. We're going to need more space in a truck real soon. I've seen some pics of SS Tahoe on motor trend. Does anyone know anything more at this point? The Motor Trend article says that the prototype is a rear wheel drive. Imo that doesn't make too much sense that they would make it in only a rwd as the Silverado SS is an AWD. Here is a link to the article Motor Trend articleMotor Trend article

If they don't make SS Tahoe than I'll probably go w/ a Z71 Tahoe

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Well that was a SEMA concept, GM wants to produce it but the Fullsize SPORT utility with emphasis on SPORT, isnt really a big market. Talk about it has really died down, so I assume not...but who knows what GM has up their sleave, one can never assume.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Talk about it has really died down, so I assume not...but who knows what GM has up their sleave, one can never assume.
I doubt it, but you can expect a performance increase from the 5.3, and a couple a mild mods can give the 5.3 350+ hp. FWIW, we're doing a warranty-safe 325 hp 4800 and a 335 hp 5300 for far less than what an SS Silverado would cost. Not to mention a 425 hp/700 lb-ft Duramax LLY. Can't wait to drive that evil *******.

The TrailBlazer SS, though, WILL be going into production, with a re-worked Vortec 6000, so it's possible that the Tahoe might gain a similar engine as an option. I think an uprated (315 hp) 5300 is the most likely solution until the redesign. After the redesign, anything goes, and 400 hp could very well be in the crosshairs.

Ghrankenstein
:frankie:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For me its not just the power that I'd like to have. I like that the SS is a little lower and has a sportier suspension and bigger 5 spoke wheels. I like the front grills better as well as the front bumper with the SS scoops. Roof rack delete looks sleeker too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts