GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Does anyone speculate what kind of rebates may be on the Silverado and Colorado's before the 2009's come out? I can't remember what they were last year. I am not sure whether to take advantage of the $3500 on the Silverado regular cab or wait. Thanks!

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
Personally, I'd buy now. GM hardly ever goes above $4 on cash rebates, and most of the time it is after the next model year comes out. How's your credit? You may get a better deal opting for the low APR vs using the cash unless your trade is upside-down.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hello,

Does anyone speculate what kind of rebates may be on the Silverado and Colorado's before the 2009's come out? I can't remember what they were last year. I am not sure whether to take advantage of the $3500 on the Silverado regular cab or wait. Thanks!
We have a 08 Reg Cab LS MSRP at $20,805 priced at $16,700 +++. I do not think it gets much better than that...a 20% discount. If I had to guess, the rebates are not going up from here. There are also dozens of direct mail pieces going out so be sure to check to see if you are on a mailing list or you can reply with your last name and zip code and I will check for you.

By the way, the Memorial day sale is on the Ext cab truck so do not expect the regular cabs to get any love.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
At least $5000 in total rebates this summer...Ford is going to discount the heck out of the F150 and GM will be forced to match or lose what little sales on the market.

From what I see, most silverados are already at 25% off MSRP. I expect 30% soon. If I can get the truck I want for $25k, I'll buy it. Right now it's about $29k but if GM card throws some incentives as well, $25k is definately reachable.

Most dealers here still have 3-4 2007 GMT-900s they are trying like hell to sell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies. I know a great general manager willing to sell me one $200.00 over invoice. I just can't make up my mind since I have an extended cab Colorado. I'm not really sure about losing the room. I really do not have the room for an extended cab full size. Pretty silly!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I know a great general manager willing to sell me one $200.00 over invoice. I just can't make up my mind since I have an extended cab Colorado. I'm not really sure about losing the room. I really do not have the room for an extended cab full size. Pretty silly!
$200 over invoice? That's a rip. I wouldn't buy for any more than invoice - holdback (3%).

(I'm sure I won't be popular on here with the dealers, but oh well.....)

·
Registered
822 Posts
$200 over invoice? That's a rip. I wouldn't buy for any more than invoice - holdback (3%).

You also haven't bought a new truck in over 10 years if ever so I'm not sure how valueable your advice is to actual new vehicle buyers.

·
Registered
54 Posts

So it looks like you wont be buying a new vehicle anytime soon! And if you ever thought you got invoice, its probably the deal you thought you got.

But as for buying the truck for 200 over invoice snag it up! Good for you! I work for a dealer and he wont sell to his own employees that have been there for 30 years for invoice!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
As of today GM is offering employee pricing for everyone ($3,000 discount on Silverado according to their example) + $5000 cash back.

Oops to those who said you can't get a truck for invoice or for > $4k cash back.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Stopped by local Chevy dealer.....2008 Silverado Ext cab 4x4 sticker $32,950. Sell price: $23,200. Helluva deal that would ahve make me buy not too long ago, but now just not interested in a new truck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts