GM Inside News Forum banner

Suggestion for Saturn Aura and all Epsilons equipped with rack & pinion steering...

9K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  psece 
Re: Suggestion for Saturn Aura and all Epsilons equipped with rack & pinion steering.

I will switch you my electric power steering 2005 Malibu for your Hydralic unit;-)

Too bad they couldn't make it adjustable to the driver. Have a 1 to 10 scale that you set thru the radio or navigation system. They could definitely do it with the full electric unit and the combo electric motor driving a hydraulic pump unit. They probably couldn't with the engine ran pump.

Re: Suggestion for Saturn Aura and all Epsilons equipped with rack & pinion steering.

I would say that I love my 2005 Malibu except for two problems: Front suspension and EPS. It is a clunky and imprecise experience. So while you say steering effort it too high for you, if the front suspension is tight, have good road feel and it goes in a straight line; I envy you. To bad too as I love everything else. Especially the 30 + mpg I am experiencing from a outdated 4 speed automatic and a uncouth 2.2 Ecotec;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.