on a seperate thread in nasioc, there was news about the Legacy S concept shown in display at the fuji 500. I believe this one just has n/a engine (don't remember the hp figures) with tuned by sti exterior, interior and mechanical bolt-ons. the same one was shown at the Tokyo auto salon. and I'd love to see a legacy sti come here but if it comes at the price of a corvette, then sadly I'd pass; then again, subaru never really beings its high-end stuff stateside so its 50/50.
Actually that Legacy has the turbo 4 rated at ~280hp.
Here's a list of some of what's on the car:
* Exclusive 2.5L DOHC
* Exclusive twin-scroll turbo
* STI air element
* Exclusive engine cover (with S402 ornament)
* Serial plate
* Exclusive tuned ECU
* Exclusive 6MT
* 281 hp / 289 lb-ft
* STI tuned Bilstein dampers
* STI springs
* STI pillow ball bushings rear suspension links (F/R lateral link)
* Exclusive 13:1 steering gearbox
* STI flexible tower bar
* STI flexible lower arm bar
* STI flexible floor bar
* Brembo monoblock 6-pot front (silver, STI logo)
* Brembo 2-pot rear
* STI brake hose
* Brembo 18" 2-piece front rotors
* Brembo 17" rear rotors
* Exclusive BBS forged 18x8.0J aluminum
* Exclusive 235/40-18 Potenza RE050
* Exclusive sports muffler (65φ dual with S402 logo)
Plus I don't know why anyone one would laugh at this. While we here in the US might never see it, they still might make something like it for the Japanese market.
And I'm laughing that people are laughing about performance Subaru. Go to the UK and see what people say about Subarus. The "Outback" image is really only seen here.
Here's an example of a 400hp+ Subaru WRX STi from the famous Litchfield ltd (not Subaru):
That is an example of what can be done with that engine etc...