GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to get in trouble so I won't post the article from Automotive News.

But JD Power has reported that exterior styling is now the most commonly sited reason by customers buying a GM vehicle. In 2003 it was the fourth most common reason.

Maybe someone could find an article from another source.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Well GM's new vehicles look amazing!! But my main reason would be its an AMERICAN company.. and 2nd main reason would be i think GM cars have better all around performance then most others!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I love the look of the Malibu, the upcoming Camaro, and everything Saturn has has become gorgeous (and the next gen Aura will be amazing), the next Cobalt should be great. Even the trucks look better, compare the look of the Silverado to the Tundra, or basically any GM vehicle to a Toyota because Toyota design is bland as vanilla.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
GM still makes the best looking vehicles for the most part but I am concerned about some upcoming vehicles such as the Vibe and G8 which look too plain and generic and do not look like Pontiac models at all. The rear end treatment on the G8 and the plain as hell slab sides say Asian or European to me and not Pontiac and the Vibe is litterally just a Toyota clone with a Pontiac grille thrown on. The new Malibu, Aura, Traverse, Solstice coupe, Silverado/Sierra, Camaro, Impala, Lucerne etc all look better than most of there competitors. The boring cookie cutter plain slab sided stripped look of the Camry, Accord, Taurus, Avalon, Corolla are an instant turn off to me.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
This makes sense. The other day I was talking to a coworker about a replacement car for his parents '93 Grand Marquis. He is 28 and his parents are 50ish.

Anyway, I told him about the new Malibu and showed it to him. He was blown away by its looks. He could not believe it was not a more expensive car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts