GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my alternator went out - we thing thats what it is, not just the battery, but we'll see - and we called to have AAA tow the car into the dealer. They told us before they did that, they wanted us to call the warranty company (we have the extended warranty).

Well, the shifter you guys may or may not remember that broke several months back in like Jan or Feb? Ya, the dealer at that time offered to call the warranty company about that. We let them, and they came back and said "Oh, sorry, they wont cover the shifter."

Well, when we called this morning, they said the dealership had lied to us, because they would have covered it. WTF? They also said they'll be covering the alternator.

So great, the 2 places I've gone for work on my car have screwed me, and now the other local Pontiac dealer had closed its down like a month ago so I cant go there. Gahhh!!!

And we have to take it to a Pontiac dealer as they said if it isn't done at a Pontiac dealer, they will not cover it. :-/

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
Wow, sounds like you took it to a really classy dealership... That really sucks to hear though, at least they'll maybe cover the alternator...

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
How much did it cost to have the alternator replaced? My sister took her car to the dealer this week and they charged her $460 for the alternator and serpentine belt!

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kirkland... Bellevue closed. lol

And not sure cost yet... we'll see Monday.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Kirkland... Bellevue closed. lol

And not sure cost yet... we'll see Monday.
I was afraid you were going to say that. Kirkland Pontiac is HORRIBLE, they are very VERY shady. I bought my vibe at bellevue but lived in Kirkland and took it there once, Never did again, even for warranty work. I actually forgot bellevue closed shop. Sign of the times. Booooo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts