GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have an 03 Silverado 2500HD. While driving the other day after having my defrost on for awhile I set the dial to the floor/defrost mode. Well it didn't go to either it seemed to be stuck in between positions possibly, the fan still worked but barely enough heat came out the defrost to keep the window clear and I froze my feet on the 5 hour ride home. I could hear a faint movement near the defrost vents so I started pulling the dash apart. Once I got it all apart I turned the selector dial and the darn thing started working. Well it's all back together but I'm afraid to turn the dial and am just leaving it on defrost/floor.
Does anybody know the function of each blend/mode door? I believe my truck has 3-4. One at the bottom at the floor hump, one at drivers side of air box one on the top near center of dash and one on passenger side.
What do each specifically do? Can anyone explain how they work? I have the manual controls not the auto.
I will continue to browse the forums for something more similar to my problem as I have yet to find one. Thanks:confused:

·
Premium Member
36,287 Posts
For a minute there I thought you were me and we were on Dodge Charger Forums.

I had chronic blend door/electronic control/radio unit-connected-to-HVAC-controls issues with my Charger. About eight visits to dealer with no end in sight. I hope the new owner is part owner of a dealership.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Prob. one or more have failed or a simple blend door reset may work.

Turn HVAC system and fans to off
Pull BOTH HVAC fuses (from underhood fuse center)
Turn ignition on.
Replace fuses
Turn ignition on.

You should hear the HVAC doors cycle
and they should be now reset....................

More detailed instructions on any GM truck forum

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Prob. one or more have failed or a simple blend door reset may work.

Turn HVAC system and fans to off
Pull BOTH HVAC fuses (from underhood fuse center)
Turn ignition on.
Replace fuses
Turn ignition on.

You should hear the HVAC doors cycle
and they should be now reset....................

More detailed instructions on any GM truck forum
Thanks I will try doing this when it warms up a little and I'm prepared to pull it apart if it sticks again. I am a little confused with the sequence however, I turn everything off with truck off? And put fuses in with truck on? Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.