GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
I heard they'll be using the same LS2 in the future CTS and STS V's that is going to be used in the C6 ZO6. The engine would put out over 500 HP, but I don't see any car getting it untill one year after the Vette.

· Registered
41 Posts
Originally posted by crazywop112@Feb 9 2004, 04:54 PM
Cadillac can make a more powerful car than the Vette because Cadillacs cost more money. The GN was a problem because it costed less.
Cadillac can make a more powerful car than the Corvette not only bacuse they cost more, but because they aren't really in the same class. The only Cadillac model that would possibly steal from Corvette buyers is the XLR. And at that price and that power, I don't see it stealing anybody. And if or when they make a XLR-V, it will cost so much it will be more likely to steal buyers from the $100 grand price class rather than the Vette. As far as the CTS and STS, they can give them as much power as they want because they aren't competing with the Corvette. The thing is, I just don't see any car getting the LS2 untill Corvette has it for 2005. GM would just want to debut the engine in the 'American sports car.' But that's just what I think, three or four models could get the LS2 next year if GM wants to. We'll see...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.