GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spotted this clip on Youtube where a vlogger named Scotty Kilmer talk about the current situation of Hyundai and Kia in America. Take it with a pinch of salt.

Hyundai and Kia review. Hyundai and Kia are in Deep Crap and May Be Going Bust, DIY and truck review with Scotty Kilmer. Kia and Hyundai review. Buying a new Kia. Buying a new Hyundai? Buying a used Kia. Should I buy a Kia? Are Kias reliable? The truth about the Kia and Hyundai. Car advice.

·
Premium Member
37,209 Posts
I rarely watch videos and this manic loonie is a prime reason. Does he ever get finished waving his arms around and make ANY point? A summary would be helpful because I'm not going to subject myself to watching this head case. He needs professional help, get him on some meds.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I rarely watch videos and this manic loonie is a prime reason. Does he ever get finished waving his arms around and make ANY point? A summary would be helpful because I'm not going to subject myself to watching this head case. He needs professional help, get him on some meds.
What is really annoying is that his videos have clickbait titles (like this one).

·
Registered
379 Posts
Ugh, don't listen to this guy. Hell, if you get recommended one of his videos, chose "Don't Recommend Channel!".
Totally yes, really bad.

Got (endured) about 1/3 of the way though my first Scotty Kilmer review - about the same as that odious Doug DeMiro, then bailed. Never again!

To restore your faith, compare and perhaps enjoy instead the redoubtable Quentin Dempster with this, his high quality review which perfectly encapsulates imo one of the world’s most romantic cars..

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Kilmer is so annoying.
I agree. I haven't watched this video and I'm not going to. The AI on my phone has 'recommended' his videos to me in the past (probably because he talks about cars) but hes one of the most annoying people I have seen. A 'know-it-all' attitude who decides what he likes or wants to say, based on his 'expert' knowledge of cars, and then bashes anyone or anything that is against him. Very annoying and a lot of what he says simply isn't true.

What I am the most surprised about is just how many followers he has and how many people watch his videos. But then again, it our society today, people look for stuff like his...where people can 'join a club' or 'hear what they want to hear'.

·
Premium Member
37,209 Posts
It seems like he's drunk in every single one of his videos.
Maybe he drinks a lot. Either that or he's bipolar. Or both.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Let it be decreed that on the 23rd day of the 9th month, in the year of our lord two thousand and twenty two, against all historical odds NHRA and Neanderthal have here forth agreed upon this topic of mutual disgust.

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 2014 Cadillac Saks 5th Ave ELR, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
12,033 Posts
I watched two minutes... Two minutes of my life wasted...

one of the YouTube comments: "According to this guy literally every auto maker is going out of business or being shut down". I think that sums up the content nicely - some guy figured out how to make a living out of nothing.
Except Toyota.
They'll still be here after the Nuclear Winter.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I read here once his an American that had love-affair with toyota. Enough for me I am not going to click anything he posts on YT.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Omg! I never thought everyone would be in an agreement about a person. I don’t know why dude has so many views. He is so terrible and annoying. I know I say Doug DeMuro is but I’ll take him as a best friend before Scotty Kilmer. He is so ridiculous. I don’t think I ever met a car he liked.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts