GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:angry: As of sometime last night my car disappeared from my driveway....along with two cell phones. I loved my car! Am hoping it will turn up abandoned in a parking lot somewhere. Get this, my backdoor was apparently unlocked, whoever it was walked in, took the key (which was sitting in plain view) grabbed the two cells next to it and took off, leaving the doors standing wide open. I am so bummed, the intrigue is the nicest car we have ever had, it had a few small issues, but on the whole is a great car....the gas light was on when i parked it yesterday, i hope this guy runs out of gas and has to hoof it! Wish me luck getting it back! Thanks for allowing me to vent, Heidi

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Good luck man, I hope your car is fine :angry:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Do you normally keep your back door unlocked?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I hate to say it, but I hope you're insurance company covers this. I know that not all do when they consider it "the insured parties obligation to keep vehicle secured and keys in a secured area."

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No I do not normally leave my back door unlocked, I usually check it before i go to bed, last night i went to bed earlier than usual and i just didn't think about it...it is a very creepy thought that someone was in my house! So far my car hasn't been found but some girl did answer one of the phones when it was called, so it is being used, "the company" that supplies the service is no help at all, it was a buisness supplied phone, so they are saying that can't find any record of that number...what a mess, somewhere there is a record, hopfully we will be able to find out if the car or at least the cell phone is still in town that way. As for the insurance, it was reported, but i have to wait till tomorrow to speak with thier special investigations unit.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Jun 6 2004, 05:31 PM
At least the timing is just about right to use your insurance check on a new G6.
I was about to say that, but I thought I would sound too much like a plug for Pontiac. :p

Losing a car stinks -- but on the bright side is that new car smell!

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
That really blows! Say, does your oldsmobile have OnStar? Maybe they could help you find your vehicle! What year model is it?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car. I had the same terrible experience a few months ago. On March 29th, my beloved 1998 Bright Green Metallic Camaro was stolen. My first (and probably last) Camaro. It's a terrible feeling. I was living at an apartment at the time and I just stood there in shock for a moment when I realized my car was gone. It's strange even today. It's like I'm still in a little bit of denial. Fortunately I also have a 2003 S10. My insurance company was great though. I got about double of what I expected. I really miss my car.........
I guess the silver lining is that I will be getting something new this fall.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update! My car was recovered this afternoon, it had been abandoned in a bar parking lot...police called and said to come pick it up, it appeared undamaged and driveable...so off we scoot to the impound yard to discover it's dash has been ripped up, apparently someone tried to steal it after it was abandoned...after all the first guy had a key, the ignition is so messed up you can't turn a key in it, stereo was bashed in, and various parts of the dash were pried apart, ciggerette burns in the door panal, and 4 count em' four mixed drink glasses sitting in various spots, now is it me or should the cops have fingerprinted these? I'm gonna ask tomorrow! also, the undamaged comment...ha, the passenger side front finder has been bashed in, the whole thing. but there aren't any paint chips or scratches, just huge dents and the corner is peeled back, can't figure that one out, or how the cop decided it was undamaged. Anyhow my insurance guy is gonna have a look tomorrow and hopfully fix it. So my baby is back! She's a little broken, but we'll fix it! YAY! Heidi

1 - 15 of 15 Posts