GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I was wondering if someone could help me. I ordered a 2023 high country traverse on 8/4/22. As of 12/27/22, I was told bayed ready 4b. Could anyone please explain to me what is going on? My vin #: 1GNEVNKWXPJ113665. Any help would be appreciated. January 4th will be 5 months of waiting. Thank you

· Registered
3,079 Posts
Hello,
I was wondering if someone could help me. I ordered a 2023 high country traverse on 8/4/22. As of 12/27/22, I was told bayed ready 4b. Could anyone please explain to me what is going on? My vin #: 1GNEVNKWXPJ113665. Any help would be appreciated. January 4th will be 5 months of waiting. Thank you

What did your authorized Chevrolet dealer tell you? Did they explain anything to you?

· Registered
1,407 Posts
Outside order tracking ended last May. Too many people getting far more useful information on the internet than on the official GM sites or dealers. (Trust me the official GM sites are worthless for official tracking via online chat) No one here can tell you anything anymore sadly.

I should know I waited nine months on two special order GMCs… One 2022 MCM Sierra Denali and one 2022 Yukon SLT.

Best of luck working with your dealer.

· Registered
1,407 Posts
I am sure they can't wait for the sale, as I am sure they are sick of me messaging them.
It will be worth the wait. Share a picture when you get it.

· Registered
14 Posts
According to the GM locator, it is at 4300-Intermediate Delivery. So it could be on a train to wherever your regions distribution is. I'm in Nebraska, and our Traverse's go to kansas city, ks via train. Then from Kansas City to my dealership via semi

· Registered
544 Posts
At that point I don't think Onstar is active yet but I could be wrong, because it hasn't been put into an account in a buyers name.
it is not active for the consumer,
As it just so happens, GM dealers now have a new tool at their disposal called “VINVIEW.” Introduced via a partnership with FreightVerify, a logistics and supply chain company, dealers for all four GM North American brands can now track new GM vehicle orders with greater ease.

Here’s how the new GM vehicle tracking system works. VINVIEW utilizes a vehicle’s OnStar module to track the vehicle location, providing near-realtime VIN location, mapping, and intelligent ETA for dealers.

A dealer can now use VINVIEW to pull up a vehicle order, and find information provided on the vehicle model, trim level, the last major “milestone” (such as if the vehicle was bayed is now ready for shipping), where it’s coming from, when it’s scheduled to be picked up, destination details, and ETA.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it is not active for the consumer,
As it just so happens, GM dealers now have a new tool at their disposal called “VINVIEW.” Introduced via a partnership with FreightVerify, a logistics and supply chain company, dealers for all four GM North American brands can now track new GM vehicle orders with greater ease.

Here’s how the new GM vehicle tracking system works. VINVIEW utilizes a vehicle’s OnStar module to track the vehicle location, providing near-realtime VIN location, mapping, and intelligent ETA for dealers.

A dealer can now use VINVIEW to pull up a vehicle order, and find information provided on the vehicle model, trim level, the last major “milestone” (such as if the vehicle was bayed is now ready for shipping), where it’s coming from, when it’s scheduled to be picked up, destination details, and ETA.
I wonder if that is what they used to tell me the eta? I hate bothering them. I will ask again next week as the eta gets closer. I will keep you all informed. Appreciate all your help!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts