GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM GOING TO BUY AN SSR, BUT I AM HEREING THAT THE 2005 SSR IS GOING TO HAVE A LS2 390HP ENGINE, 6SPEED, GAUGE PACKAGE, NEW REAR AXLE AND A NEW COLOR. I WENT TO A SMALL GM DEALER IN PORTLAND OR. YESTERDAY 6-18-04 AND HE HAD 2 SSR'S , HE SAID WHAT I HEARD WAS NOT TRUE , HE SAID THEY WERE GOING TO HAVE A NEW COLOR (BLUE OR AQUA ) AND THEY WERE INCREASEING PRODUCTION FROM 3500 2004 MODELS TO 8000 2005 MODELS I WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH ON WHAT TO EXSPECT FOR THE 2005 MODEL SSR. IF THEY DO OFFER THE ABOVE STATED FEATURES IS THE MSRP GOING TO GO UP?

P.S. WHEN I WENT INTO THE DEALER THE DESTINATION STICKER WAS 54K AFTER A 30 MIN. CHAT ON THE TRUCK I REMINDID HIM THAT I COULD BUY AS MANY AS 15 SSR'S ON EBAY AT MSRP, HE THEN SAID HE WOULD SELL HIS AT MSRP.

I GUESS WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS SHOULD I WAIT FOR THE 2005 MODEL, WHAT WILL MSRP BE AND WHEN WILL IT BE AVALABLE.

THANKS
DAVE

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Well, here at GMI, we got the scoop that the LS2 and 6spd will find its way into the SSR as well as many other GM performance cars.

another thing is to slide your pinky on your left hand over about .5 an inch to the left. Thanks! :lol: j/k.

The new color is also coming. I dont know about the new rear axle? Thats news to me.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Sounds like your local dealer is:
1) An ArseHole
2) A Dumb Arse
or
3) Doesn't Know is Arsehole from his SSR
---
I think its all of them, but w/e.

The 2005 SSR, will feature an LS2 V8 with 390HP
There will be a new Color called Aqua Blurr (which from the picture I saw, isn't really that amazing [but the pic is very vague])
I have heard of rumors of a new rear axle as well, but I doubt it's legit...all in all, I would wait for '05.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
At the New York Auto Show, some lady asked the spokesmen at the Velite site: when is this car going to be available??
he said: Oh, we don't know. It's just a concept.
Then I told the lady: it is on a brand new architectural platform, and it should begin production in 2007/8,which it most likely will.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Originally posted by gmwsag@Jun 21 2004, 08:13 AM
At the New York Auto Show, some lady asked the spokesmen at the Velite site: when is this car going to be available??
he said: Oh, we don't know. It's just a concept.
Then I told the lady: it is on a brand new architectural platform, and it should begin production in 2007/8,which it most likely will.
What does that have to do with the SSR? :blink:

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Actually, a new rear end does ring a bell. Can't confirm or deny, but I'll post if something hits me.

Ghrank

·
Registered
776 Posts
Wouldn't there almost have to be a different real axle ratio for the manual? 3.42's or something, I would hope. A 6-spd, 380 HP and shorter gears will make this thing go from zero to hero.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts