GM Inside News Forum banner

SRT4 and GM

2K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  TAFreak 
#1 ·
I think GM really needs two of these cars, I personally dont care to much for the style or anything, but dodge is the only company out their with one and have the entire market to themselves. GM need a pontiac/chevy version ASAP. SS cavalier and GXP sunfire...turboed with close numbers to the SRT....that would be a good move for GM I think.

#28 ·
wait why does the SS cobalt get to run along the SRT when GM's excitment division gets to stay back in the 15's? Gm needs to get its prioritys straight and quit playing favorites to its little bitch chevy.

#29 ·
Even though I think Pontiac should be doing a lot better, Chevy fans have been really screwed.

All they have to look forward to currently is... *maybe* a car in 2007.

Pontiacs getting v8 Grand Prixs, Bonnes, a new Grand Am that looks fairly decent so far, etc. I honestly don't care if Chevy gets some fast and the furious car compared to Pontiacs v8 cars.

Once the GTO is redesigned Pontiac will be all set, where Chevy's performance future is a little uncertain... at least currently.

#30 ·
ugh, yeah that corvette is a REAL shady topic, its on the rocks of being cancled completly.. Yeah Chevy gets real screwed with GM's Flagship in their lineup.

The bottom line is that pontiac is the excitment division dispite number of cylinders. GM is contradicting itself to give the more powerful version of the two to chevy. Also I would like to see a Pontiac version of the XLR/Vette that gets put into super car comparisons for a change.

#31 ·
Originally posted by Nocturn_Bird@Dec 22 2003, 06:54 AM
ugh, yeah that corvette is a REAL shady topic, its on the rocks of being cancled completly.. Yeah Chevy gets real screwed with GM's Flagship in their lineup.

The bottom line is that pontiac is the excitment division dispite number of cylinders. GM is contradicting itself to give the more powerful version of the two to chevy. Also I would like to see a Pontiac version of the XLR/Vette that gets put into super car comparisons for a change.
ahhh he wasnt talking about a vette in 07. Another American sports car icon that begins with a C and ends in amaro.

Pontiac is the "performance" division, but it will never get a Vette like sports car. They didnt back in the 50's when they wanted one, they didnt get in the 60's, the 70's, the 80's or the 90's. Closest to a 2dr 2 seater car was Delorans Firebird. He wanted a 2dr roadster with teh OHC sprint motor, but GM told him to guess again and gave him and pontiac the Fbody chassis. Looks like Delorean is gunna finaly get his 2dr, 2 seater roadster just a little too late and it might be called firebird. I doubt it since the name brings back the firebird we know, and not the concpets that have came out of Pontiac. Its bad enuff chevy has to share with Caddy, no way we are giving up a spot to the body cladding champs that is Pontiac. I dont think that Chevy is getting ripped. Pontiac is the "performance" company and they have such cars. It doesnt make up 90% of the car sales, but they have trim levels that will quench your craving for performance while Chevy is getting sedans and what not to market that will estabilish quality and dominace among the normal every day cars. There is already performance cars from chevy, just not as big and bad as the GTO, and the GXP cars. Saturn is doing there part to take what share they can from the imports. Saturn was made for that purpose. If there is a Cobalt SS, does that mean nothing else can exist? Didnt seem to hurt the A-Bodies back in the 60's and 70's!! Chevy has been and will be the core of GM. No division is as big as Chevy. Not pontiac, not GMC, no one. I will also belive that the G6 will have some type of GXP performance package and all this. If they go with the AWD set up, it would be a great time to throw in a 250hp blown ecotec enlarged to 2.4L. It would be a great car to take out the SRT4, and WRX. You guys want everything to fall into place and you want everything to happen right now. Relax, sit back and watch GM bring itself back to the powerhouse it could and will be.

#32 ·
I agree on the most part, but I dont see why GM keeps favoring Chevy just because its the biggest in its name. If Pontiac is the excitment division shouldn't its cars be more exciting then the lack luster chevies?

#33 ·
You guys want everything to fall into place and you want everything to happen right now.
Right, I am a consumer.

If GM cannot provide what I want, I will go elsewhere. Being somewhat of a loyalist, that wouldn't be done quickly. But, also because I am a loyalist, I will scream loudest when they aren't providing what I want... especially when I know they could if they tried.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.