GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spy Shots: two designs for the second generation of the Chevrolet Cruze?
Autoevolution
The second thing worth noting is just how similar this prototype looks to the latest Chevrolet models, the (Chinese) Cruze and the Volt II.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

In autoevolution publish it with the next generation of the Opel Astra Sedan, just for being caught in Germany; but really have no idea what it is... I doubt very much that his forecast is correct, the front (the way of those headlights and grille) have not the slightest connection with the style of Opel; on the contrary shouts Chevrolet on all sides.

In addition, the shapes of the body are accurate to the second generation Cruze introduced last year in China.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking something like this:

It is possible that Chevrolet, from market research, has decided to offer two designs of the new Cruze to conquer the different tastes of the regions.

The model launched in China, could be helpful in some Asian markets, for example; while the "American" model serve to satisfy the tastes of regions like Latin America, and other international markets.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
I'm betting this is, in fact, the next gen Chevrolet Cruze. As stated, it does resemble both the Volt and the Chinese Cruze, though GM had stated before that the Chinese Cruze & American model will not have the same exact design. But the Volt's resemblance to the Chinese Cruze is undeniable.

GM South Korea did much of the design of the current Cruze, but didn't Opel do much of the engineering work on the original Cruze, with both Holden & especially Chevrolet N.A. doing some specializing for their home markets? I'm sure this is Opel testing the next gen Cruze on city streets... But I could be wrong. (Wouldn't be the first time :))

Of course, because of its resemblance to the Volt, this could be a second gen Ampera too...;)
(Yes, I know the first gen failed and a second gen is a long shot, hence the "wink")

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
It looks like the new Cruze has blind zone alert. Does the outgoing model have it too?

·
Registered
434 Posts
It looks like the new Cruze has blind zone alert. Does the outgoing model have it too?
Yes, as part of the Enhanced Safety Package.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts