GM Inside News Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
43,961 Posts
Park Avenue

SLS Rear Seat
http://***********.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/2011-cadillac-sls-chinese-market/cadillac-sls-chinese-market-17.png

Executive Seating is necessary for the Chinese market, as most of these cars are chauffeur driven. So, CT6 should have it. Though, I think CT6 has the option anyways, even in the US market.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
That's actually pretty true.
but it does contract for the wealthy, it just doesn't contract as much. And most wealthier people can withstand the contraction.
True.

But my experience is that, in such times, the wealthy stop or at least greatly curtail their own spending especially on the things that "show" to the public like a car. Partially because it's "the thing to do", and partially because they consider it in bad taste to buy large cars like the CT6 while so many struggle just to eat.

Reactions: sfbreh and mgescuro

·
Registered
11,998 Posts
LaCrosse sales are down quite a bit. It's probably a tough sell to GM management that a larger Buick is needed... Unfortunately... Because I liked the last Chinese version of the Park Avenue (which is our Caprice police car... kinda). I read in Automobile that the Buick Avenir(Park Avenue?) would probably be built in China and exported to the U.S in limited numbers.
Part of that is surely on account of the Lacrosse's old age. Despite the 2014 update, it has its hands full competing with the Avalon, ES, etc. Buick needs some sort of higher end sedan to cement the upscale position of Buick in the industry. The Avenir Concept in production form could be that car if GM wants it to be. Selling it in China too would is natural if only because that would likely be its single largest market, despite the fact that AFAIK the Zeta Park Avenue did not sell that well in China. But if it retained much of the concept's sizzle, the Avenir would be a considerably more forward thinking vehicle that could attract Chinese buyers in larger numbers. Such a sedan could help elevate the Buick brand because I do think they can support more premium products than only the upscale ones that they have now, and given the importance of the upscale markets going forward it'd be a wise move on GM's part to become as strong as force as possible in upscale and luxury segments as quickly as possible.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts

·
Banned
943 Posts
Technically, it's still between the 5 and 7. It's technically even between a 3 and 7.

What super luxurious rear seating? They've shown none and there has been nothing to indicate any juiced up rear seating area for CT6.
Man,I would love a grape juice dispenser in my CT6.

·
Super Moderator
21,407 Posts
What super luxurious rear seating? They've shown none and there has been nothing to indicate any juiced up rear seating area for CT6.
They've talked about it and basically told us it'll be offered, but they've shown nothing so far.

Can anyone explain why the leather around the CUE is perforated?
XTS has that, too. The leather on the middle of the dash is perforated.

W T H????

How does that naming convention make ANY sense?? And why can't they standardize on the naming convention globally, so people aren't confused???
"40T" for a 3.0TT V6.

Ugh.

Executive Seating is necessary for the Chinese market, as most of these cars are chauffeur driven. So, CT6 should have it. Though, I think CT6 has the option anyways, even in the US market.
It's supposed to, but they haven't shown it off yet.

Man,I would love a grape juice dispenser in my CT6.
A T-Bone steak, cheese, eggs, and Welch's Grape?

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
we had to wait for blurry spy shots to finally see beige interior, ehh
The beige interior shots have been out for a while since the China debut. I think the badging of the ttv6 as 40T is to let the people know what to compare the car against. Should be equivalent to the A8 4.0T. They are manipulating them so there is no perceived inferiority

·
Registered
19,260 Posts
Except that it's larger than some 7's.
And if you're using 7 as a bookend to a size comparison, you'll be using the largest model.

I doubt the rear console & reclining seats will be on the base model. Neither will the blonde, round-eyed "spokesmodel".
So you think the fold down glorified rear armrest and token movable seats constitute a super luxurious rear seating area?

Can anyone explain why the leather around the CUE is perforated?
A bad interior design team?

Like they did with the Park Avenue and SLS for China

Park Avenue

SLS Rear Seat
http://***********.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/2011-cadillac-sls-chinese-market/cadillac-sls-chinese-market-17.png
I'm about 80% sure those cars came like that. What you see is what you get on CT6. You don't debut anything but the best you have when you NEED to make a statement.

They've talked about it and basically told us it'll be offered, but they've shown nothing so far.
Where?

If that had something, they'd show it. They have nothing. If they do have something and it isn't launching with it, they're absolute morons.

Steak, fake grape juice, and cheese. That's disgusting.

I saw an ATS with '20T' marked on the trunklid and said to someone "Oh, so it's a 2.0L turbo?". No, apparently not. I don't understand their naming conventions here.
I think you mean... "Oh, so it's a 2.0R turbo?"

·
Super Moderator
21,407 Posts
Where?

If that had something, they'd show it. They have nothing. If they do have something and it isn't launching with it, they're absolute morons.
I could have sworn there was a thread on it a while back confirming it and massaging seats. Like late last year-ish.

Steak, fake grape juice, and cheese. That's disgusting.
You didn't catch the reference..? I would have expected you to.

·
Registered
43,961 Posts
The beige interior shots have been out for a while since the China debut. I think the badging of the ttv6 as 40T is to let the people know what to compare the car against. Should be equivalent to the A8 4.0T. They are manipulating them so there is no perceived inferiority
That reasoning is completely asinine.

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Off Topic: How did the wind up in the GM Headline Polls section?

·
Registered
19,260 Posts
I could have sworn there was a thread on it a while back confirming it and massaging seats. Like late last year-ish.

I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about, I'm pretty sure it was a "confirmed rumor", and I'm pretty sure it was referring to what we've already seen.

I don't think GM, in any of its press releases on CT6, has hinted at anything more to come or someone here would have picked up on it and I would have remembered.

·
Premium Member
33,782 Posts
XTS has that, too. The leather on the middle of the dash is perforated.
"40T" for a 3.0TT V6.

Ugh.

It's supposed to, but they haven't shown it off yet.
I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about, I'm pretty sure it was a "confirmed rumor", and I'm pretty sure it was referring to what we've already seen.
I don't think GM, in any of its press releases on CT6, has hinted at anything more to come or someone here would have picked up on it and I would have remembered.
Cadillac Media said:
All-new Articulating Rear Seat package offers new thresholds for comfort and luxury, with approximately 3.3 inches (83 mm) of adjustable seat travel, lumbar adjustment, tilting cushions, massage feature, heating/cooling features and armrest with media controls, including HDMI and USB ports
Comprehensive rear seat infotainment system with articulating 10-inch-diagonal screens that retract into the front seatbacks, along with connectivity for brought-in devices

http://media.cadillac.com/media/us/...s/us/en/2015/apr/0401-nyas/0331/0331-ct6.html
Here it is bwoys. the seats will rub your wife's bottoms.

·
Premium Member
33,782 Posts
...so like I said, it's exactly what we're already seen. It might quack like a duck, but it still looks like a dog.

Does not compute.

≠super luxurious seating area.
But but its a bold American luxury design, distinctly Cadillac – a true rear-wheel drive car, with a dramatic dash-to-axle ratio offering classic long, low proportion and luxury presence that commands attention

·
Super Moderator
21,407 Posts
21 - 40 of 44 Posts