GM Inside News Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

· Registered
5,621 Posts
Originally posted by MelvinJ+May 11 2004, 08:00 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MelvinJ @ May 11 2004, 08:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 11 2004, 11:22 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-MelvinJ
@May 10 2004, 08:38 PM
Look for a supercharged 4.2L Northstar in the STS-V.

The new Northstar displaces 4.6L, and yes according to Mark LaNeve, it will be Supercharged, but there are now rumors thanks to this thread of a 700HP Vette powered STS...that would be very very exciting and would blow the M5 way out of the water. Here is the link to the original information:

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forum/index.ph...?showtopic=4876
Actually, I checked with my sources again and they came up with an LC3, 4.4L supercharged Northstar, to be used in the V-series STS, XLR, and SRX. It must be a variant of the Bonneville's Northstar.

But who knows, maybe my sources are wrong. [/b][/quote]
The Bonneville's V8 is a 4.6L (not 4.4L) DOHC Northstar engine as well. So far, all production "Northstar" engines have been 4.6L. The Aurora 4.0L V8 wasn't called "Northstar," even though it was based on the Cadillac engines.

· Registered
867 Posts
Originally posted by Carguy@May 10 2004, 07:52 AM
Yah the 500HP should be STSV not CTSV. Shure give the CTSV the 6.0L V8 from the Vette (THE BASE VETTE I MEAN) perhaps with an extra 25 or so HP but no more! Let the STSV and an XLRV be the ones at the 500HP level! :D
It would seem more logical that this IS some sort of test bed for the STS-v--although it seems unclear as to why an STS body was not used (perhaps the STS body was not ready at the time of testing). If there really are plans for a 500+ hp CTS then this will create a very interesting Cadillac line-up, as I could not see the STS-v getting any more than 500hp (man, that A LOT of power!). Perhaps a CTS-v-Plus will surface as an extremely limited edition (racing?) model, but even this seems like it would confuse the line-up.

· Registered
867 Posts
Originally posted by johnd89@May 11 2004, 07:11 AM
700hp for any 4 door sedan is simply insane.
they should concentrate their efforts into the cts-v+ to bump the power up to 500 and refining some more the chassis. that's the way to beat the germans: by offering detroit grunt into a smallish chassis wich can perform.
I'm all for the horsepower race and I hate to admit it but you're right--700hp is unrealistic.

· Registered
4,598 Posts
Just imagine the STS-V Plus!!! Wow....<drool>

· Registered
1,749 Posts
Originally posted by TaHoE@May 10 2004, 07:08 PM
IMO this would be great for the Caddy CTS, but the STS needs some help. 430HP isn't gonna cut it. They need to make a new Northstar, maybe a 5.6L V8 and use that in the STS-V. Make it handbuilt at the performance engine plant and you have a winner.
I really like the idea of a larger NS of 5.6L myself. Tuned as todays 4.6 is it would put out approx-380HP witch would be perfect for the Slade. It could allso be used (in 400HP form) on a NON V STS performance model. Then it could be Supercharged to put out 500HP in the STSV. It could allso be used in the future 70K to 150K ULS as a base engine. Then offer a 6.6L V12 as an opt with approx-440HP. They could (REALLY) use a larger Northstar! :D

· Registered
137 Posts
YEAH!! FINALLY!!! Cadillac is coming back!!!
This is a sedan America needs!!!
The Political Correctness is escaping!!!
With this car, Cadillac will be "The Standard of The World"!!! :mf_boff:

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.