GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,749 Posts
Yah the 500HP should be STSV not CTSV. Shure give the CTSV the 6.0L V8 from the Vette (THE BASE VETTE I MEAN) perhaps with an extra 25 or so HP but no more! Let the STSV and an XLRV be the ones at the 500HP level! :D

· Registered
1,749 Posts
Originally posted by TaHoE@May 10 2004, 07:08 PM
IMO this would be great for the Caddy CTS, but the STS needs some help. 430HP isn't gonna cut it. They need to make a new Northstar, maybe a 5.6L V8 and use that in the STS-V. Make it handbuilt at the performance engine plant and you have a winner.
I really like the idea of a larger NS of 5.6L myself. Tuned as todays 4.6 is it would put out approx-380HP witch would be perfect for the Slade. It could allso be used (in 400HP form) on a NON V STS performance model. Then it could be Supercharged to put out 500HP in the STSV. It could allso be used in the future 70K to 150K ULS as a base engine. Then offer a 6.6L V12 as an opt with approx-440HP. They could (REALLY) use a larger Northstar! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.