GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<<< NOT AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE THREAD >>>

The latest four-door Aston Martin (remember the Lagonda?) has been spied lapping the famed Nurburgring in Germany, which is a far cry from the frozen lakes of Sweden where it had previously been caught testing. Spy photographers, however, have noticed something different with this Rapide prototype now that all the snow's been brushed off: a glass roof. The transparent canopy extends from the windshield all the way to the back hatch, which is some impressive acreage considering the length of this car's wheelbase. Wearing hardly any camouflage, it's apparent that the Rapide is progressing nicely from concept to production with nary a tweak to dull its sexy shape. It will likely be the first all-new car debuted under the brand's new ownership, though much of the development work was performed when it was still owned by Ford.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/01/spy-shots-aston-martin-rapide-spotted-with-glass-roof/
[Source: KGP Photography and Autoblog]

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
That should be one sweet ride. If its affordable on the Mustang, it should be no problem on an Aston.

I'm thinking its got to have great structural rigidity to enable putting glass that size on the roof without it cracking.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I really love the idea of this vehicle but i just wish it didnt look so much like everyother Aston Martin!

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
oooooo.... So Pretty..... Me Likey.

-Chase

1 - 5 of 5 Posts