GM Inside News Forum banner

Spy Shots: 2010 Ford Fusion snapped!

749 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  King Riffle 
#1 ·
Spy Shots: 2010 Ford Fusion snapped!

Our spy photographers have caught the 2010 Ford Fusion wearing nothing but an ugly paint job, which means we get a crystal clear view at what Ford has in store for its midsize sedan. While things between the wheel wells appear to carryover, the front end is getting big a big makeover. The Fusion's new face features a larger three-bar chrome grille and a complete re-sculpting of its lower air intake. Gone are the two chrome bars in the lower grille and the fog lights that flanked them. In their place is a more traditional central lower air intake and new, larger foglamps the mimic the shape of the new headlights. The Fusion's new mug definitely appears more aggressive than the non-threatening visage worn by the current model, and we like it. The sedan's rear taillights are also being changed, though they're covered too well in these spy shots to see what those changes are.

The Fusion is a solid seller for Ford, which no doubt hopes the sedan will grow in popularity even more with a new front clip. We can't wait to see this thing badged as the Fusion GT with a 3.5L EcoBoost V6 under its new hood. Check out all the new spy shots in our gallery below and let us know what you think of the partial redesign in the comments.

Photos at link: http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/14/spy-shots-2010-ford-fusion-snapped/

See less See more
#4 ·
Based on what little I can see of both the disguised Fusion and Milan, I agree. As I stated in the Mercury Milan spy photo thread, definitely evolutionary rather than revolutionary.

I have driven the Mercury Milan and actually like the car. IMHO, it handles well and the interior fit and finish is on par with most other vehicles in its class.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.