GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spy Shots: 2010 Ford Fusion snapped!

Our spy photographers have caught the 2010 Ford Fusion wearing nothing but an ugly paint job, which means we get a crystal clear view at what Ford has in store for its midsize sedan. While things between the wheel wells appear to carryover, the front end is getting big a big makeover. The Fusion's new face features a larger three-bar chrome grille and a complete re-sculpting of its lower air intake. Gone are the two chrome bars in the lower grille and the fog lights that flanked them. In their place is a more traditional central lower air intake and new, larger foglamps the mimic the shape of the new headlights. The Fusion's new mug definitely appears more aggressive than the non-threatening visage worn by the current model, and we like it. The sedan's rear taillights are also being changed, though they're covered too well in these spy shots to see what those changes are.

The Fusion is a solid seller for Ford, which no doubt hopes the sedan will grow in popularity even more with a new front clip. We can't wait to see this thing badged as the Fusion GT with a 3.5L EcoBoost V6 under its new hood. Check out all the new spy shots in our gallery below and let us know what you think of the partial redesign in the comments.

Photos at link: http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/14/spy-shots-2010-ford-fusion-snapped/

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
My first thought looking at the front was... Camry. Ewww, but mostly just the headlamps. I hope that rear end has red plastic taped to make the taillamps look that bad.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I like this front end much better than the Milan from what I can see.
Based on what little I can see of both the disguised Fusion and Milan, I agree. As I stated in the Mercury Milan spy photo thread, definitely evolutionary rather than revolutionary.

I have driven the Mercury Milan and actually like the car. IMHO, it handles well and the interior fit and finish is on par with most other vehicles in its class.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Oh yay. Another conservative American design.

I don't see how the US automakers think they can gain market share by doing the same bland thing over and over again.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Works for Toyota somehow.
No one is buying a Toyota for it's looks so it doesn't matter if they are bland. They can make pretty much whatever and people will think is great. Mostly because of all those apparent invisible attributes like "quality" and "fuel efficiency". Plus there's the whole social acceptance aspect which surrounds the brand with a sort of feel good aura.

Ford and Chevy don't have that luxury anymore. They can't just slap on their badge and watch it fly off the lots. If they want to get attention again and fight their ever increasing negative perception, they will have to make much more flashy vehicles. And design is a big part of that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts