GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look at this bad *** Caddy :drevil:

...Cadillac has already shown its performance version of the CTS, named the CTS-V. Talk about a racecar for the street - it accelerates with 400 horsepower and stops with Brembo brakes. But Cadillac isn't going to be content to just let its customers do a little street racing with their CTS-V. The carmaker is going to use the car to showcase Cadillac's performance and power by taking the CTS-V racing, going back to the old slogan of "Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday."

Full article @ http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?...5&sid=178&n=158

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Now THAT is what the CTS-V should look like (Love the flares and everything but how about those big fat tires...yummm)

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Damn that car just keep getting more and more gorgeous....DAMN!!!!....I thought I loved the CTS b4 and then Caddy hits me with the V, now Caddy ups the ante and smacks me with the V-Racing!!!!.... :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
On another note, I never knew they offered the CTS-V in white!! I thought it was just Gray and Black (Didn't C&D bitch about this, that they only had 2 color choices)

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Originally posted by TaHoE@Oct 21 2003, 02:42 PM
On another note, I never knew they offered the CTS-V in white!! I thought it was just Gray and Black (Didn't C&D bitch about this, that they only had 2 color choices)
wow-- white looks so very nice!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Originally posted by TaHoE@Oct 21 2003, 04:42 PM
:woot2: OH MY!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice but the front to pic is retouhed...a bra remove or what???
Most race cars do not have front turn signals...if this is a retouch , I would bet those are really vents for the brakes

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
GM Gets it! No one is impressed with today's NASCARs that aren't even remotely like the FWD, V6 powered production cars (Win on Sunday, try to sell a FWD Monte Carlo on Monday) -- they ARE impressed with stuff like this (and the Corvette Z06, of course).

Please, GM, unleash the engineers and cash responsible for the CTS-V racer and give Pontiac a much needed boost in street cred.

Holden could put out a few HSV race edition Monaros for us at least.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@Oct 22 2003, 03:30 PM
GM Gets it!  No one is impressed with today's NASCARs that aren't even remotely like the FWD, V6 powered production cars (Win on Sunday, try to sell a FWD Monte Carlo on Monday) -- they ARE impressed with stuff like this (and the Corvette Z06, of course).

Please, GM, unleash the engineers and cash responsible for the CTS-V racer and give Pontiac a much needed boost in street cred.

Holden could put out a few HSV race edition Monaros for us at least.

I agree !!!!!

NASCAR would be very intreresting with these players .

GM-
Pontiac GTO-R
Chevrolet C6R
Cadillac CTSVR (Remember the Hudson)

Ford-
Mustang SVTR (only thing they got)
Lincoln LSR

Dodge
Viper GTR

If it is not a RWD V-8 you need not apply

The CTSVR may be out of line, but inline with NASCAR history

If the Franches wil not then some one needs to :type:

·
Registered
419 Posts
As was reported in Motor Trend, GM is rumored to be considering running a CTSvR in Speed World Challenge GT. Supposedly the cars would be run by Pratt & Miller, the same team that runs the C5R in the American Le Mans Series.

Currently the top makes in Speed WC GT are BMW M3, Audi RS6, Dodge Viper Competition Coupe, Porsche 911 and Corvette Z06. BMW and Audi put a good deal of effort into the series, to the point of supplying the teams with drivers. Corvette has won a feew races with the Z06 in the past few years, but I don't believe that GM spends much on the series.

Also, the engine specs would probably be similar to the current specs for the Corvettes in the series. They are allowed to use GM CNC ported LS6 heads with no further port work and the GM "Grand Am Cup" cam. The output of these engines is probably somewhere over 500 hp.

The engines in the series are resticted to level the playing field; along with "success weight" added to cars that finish high in each race. There is also a spec Toyo tire. The races are all about 50 min long with no pit stops; the races also have a standing start, which gives the Audis an edge at the start. With the races so short and the cars so equal the battles for position can be fierce.

I was at the race at Laguna Seca, and it would have been great to see GM be competitive in WC, although seeing and hearing the C5R in the ALMS race made the trip from Phoenix worth it. Has anybody else out there ever seen or is a fan of Speed WC?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts