GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I didn't see this on GMI anywhere - I would have thought that someone would have posted by now. Sorry if a repost.

SOURCE: Vince Burlapp's Car Page

I'm sure we could easily piece together what the car would look like with a Bow-Tie front end on it, no?

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Re: Chevy Beat's, Korean cousin spy shot

It's attractive for a little car! It reminds me of the JDM Toyota vans, but even nicer looking. I bet those headlight assemblies cost an arm and a leg for the price of the car.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
it is nice that cars are actually being thoughtfully designed by GM. You can see how the bumper under the headlights flows into the fenders and follows below the beltline and around into the back. That is a very nicely styled car.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Im not sure if i like it.. the head lights are almost too big.

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
it is nice that cars are actually being thoughtfully designed by GM. You can see how the bumper under the headlights flows into the fenders and follows below the beltline and around into the back. That is a very nicely styled car.
I agree....quite classy and well-executed for such a small car. Bummer we won't get it here. But they are "thinking about" the US getting the NEXT gen Beat.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Looks nice. The Chevy version has that nasty grill that protrudes out from the fascia. The Daewoo version looks 10x better.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Re: Chevy Beat's, Korean cousin spy shot

It's attractive for a little car! It reminds me of the JDM Toyota vans, but even nicer looking. I bet those headlight assemblies cost an arm and a leg for the price of the car.
I would bet they will save GM a fortune on 'body in white' tooling costs. Not to mention reshaping the front end will be cheaper due to less of it actually being steel.

·
Registered
268 Posts
What a great looking little car.

First time Ive seen these in a 5dr. I thought they were going to be an additional car in the Chev range and only 3dr.

Is this eventually going to become the Gentra/Kalos/Aveo/Barina replacement.

The lack of any real engineering upgrade in the latest model would suggest an all new model is on the horizon.I recently read in a local OZ paper there is a totally new car due 2010.

Hope this is, it looks like a big step up in styling and quality.

Anybody know? Or is this still an oddity floating around that is in need of explanation?

·
Banned
11,892 Posts
It is a big face on a small car, doesn't look right.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
What a great looking little car.

First time Ive seen these in a 5dr. I thought they were going to be an additional car in the Chev range and only 3dr.

Is this eventually going to become the Gentra/Kalos/Aveo/Barina replacement.

The lack of any real engineering upgrade in the latest model would suggest an all new model is on the horizon.I recently read in a local OZ paper there is a totally new car due 2010.

Hope this is, it looks like a big step up in styling and quality.

Anybody know? Or is this still an oddity floating around that is in need of explanation?
This isn't meant to replace the Gentra / Kalos / Aveo / Barina... this is measurably smaller, and replaces the Matiz. The prototype was 3-door but clearly they've gone 5-door to make it more liveable... it's tricky climbing into the back seat of such a small car.

Not sure if we have any concrete info on whether or not it's an all-new platform or not... many here at GMi are pretty convinced that it's nothing more than a rebodied Matiz, but I'm optimistic that they're gone further than that and have a new or at least significantly updated platform for this thing.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
not a bad looking car but the Headlights are enormous and Its a safe bet that it's not cheap to manufacture them

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thanks Bro.
I wasnt thinking along the lines of Matiz.
But i do have to say it looks Aveo size to me not Matiz size.
Maybe its the huge headlights!
I still think it looks great.
Its a major step up from the Matiz in looks.
Or anything else currently being made by Daewoo.

·
Registered
126 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts