GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Why do people talking about the Beat, its not even going to be produced in US because of its safety reasons.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
is that the CTS steering wheel with a chevy badge on it??

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
This car doesn't do much for me.
"Drives: 2006 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z-71"

That's a shocker! :eek:

I can totally see the guys around here in the Texas countryside who drive crew cab Silverados (who look like some variation of Stone Cold Steve Austin) jumping in to Aveos and Beats and hanging their arms out the window as they cruise along. They are the absolute target market for the Beat!

:p:

Not to say that the Aveo drivers here don't jump on a new GM SUV thread and add their 2 cents about how they don't need a big truck...

I don't see how anyone can make much out of all of that camo.

One thing I'd have to say is that it looks bigger, like almost Aveo size...?

Might actually be a nice little car once its unveiled.

Why do people talking about the Beat, its not even going to be produced in US because of its safety reasons.
A. Because this is not USCamaroInsideNews.com --- it's all GM stuff that gets shared here.

B. Because we love to be reminded of Bob Lutz's quotes about Americans not wanting small cars anyway, 'so don't get your hopes up you sick little freaks', and that sort of thing.

C. Chevy Beat Mania is akin to JDM Nissan Skyline mania. Hehe. I guess only Japanese car fans can drool over stuff they can't drive in the U.S. (yet).

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
"Drives: 2006 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z-71"...

C. Chevy Beat Mania is akin to JDM Nissan Skyline mania. Hehe. I guess only Japanese car fans can drool over stuff they can't drive in the U.S. (yet).
Not just Japanese, yesterday there were quite a few of us drooling over an Opel Insignia OPC we'll never see in the US either. :(

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
From what little I can see the dash looks like a huge circular cowel with a single giant speedo guage in it! How cool would that be!!!Off center too!
It's not horrible from what is exposed, this will be a nice little commuter or collage student car. Not bad.

·
Registered
928 Posts
This car doesn't do much for me.
Me either, the concept was really sexy and this is so watered down! Considering the production Ford Fiesta is literally identical to the Verve concept. But in GMs defense, i think Ford really set out to design that as a production car and they just slapped some huge rims on to make it appear like a concept.

They really watered down the styling from the concept.
Ya, with the camo in the rear, it looks like the '09 Aveo hatches. And those mirrors! theyre like off a truck!

Can't see much of the interior. Other than the gauges look awefully tacked on the dash.
By the wheels and tires alone this thing looks more like a Tata Nano competitor.
Im getting some Aveo vents mixed with the New Fit's dash

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
Shaping up to be nothing more than a reheated Matiz... and it looks almost as bland and dated as the current one.

So, what was the point of the Beat concept then?

This car deserves to fail. I think I know now why it's been deemed unfit for US consumption.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Gold medal for AG3. Considering thy've added two more doors, the Beat appears to be VERY close to the concept and nothing like the bubbly Matiz. I'm getting excited about this car... if they can keep the price in line with the Matiz I'd love to get one. And I live in a country where it will be sold! Sorry guys, I'll send pics! :)

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
Shaping up to be nothing more than a reheated Matiz... and it looks almost as bland and dated as the current one.

This car deserves to fail. I think I know now why it's been deemed unfit for US consumption.
I've contended this from the minute we heard the Beat was going into production. The fact that it can't be sold here is proof that it's riding the ancient Matiz platform, which in case anyone doesn't already know, is just a streched '88 Suzuki Alto platform.

What does that mean? It means the Beat may come out looking sharp, but it'll drive like a Geo Metro, absolutely killing its chance of success in Europe, its primary market.

GM could possibly be using the Agila/Splash platform for the Beat, but given its blobby styling, in contrast to the sharp Agila/Splash, it's apparent that GM are trying to reclothe the Matiz.

Such a cheapskate approach is simply unacceptable. I lose faith in GM by the hour...

I hope I'm wrong on this one.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts