GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
75,000 annual production of the BRX/CTX??
I don't know, but that sounds overly ambitious.
the RX is Lexus' best selling model, it wouldn't shock me one bit for this to become Cadillac's, or a close second to the CTS.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I like what I see. Same design cues as the concept, which I like.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Yes Another SUV. That is just what we need. Give us more SUV's and then do not be supprised when you start losing market share.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Judging by the roofline it looks as though it will only seat 5 which concerns me considering the fact the next gen RX will be larger than the current model and will possibly seat 7. I hope this car will not be dead on arrival.

·
Registered
7,170 Posts
Judging by the roofline it looks as though it will only seat 5 which concerns considering the fact the next gen RX will be larger than the current model and will possibly seat 7. I hope this car will not be dead on arrival.
Maybe Cadillac is onto something. Maybe not everyone needs a 7 passenger SUV, and maybe GM has 4 other 7 passenger crossover SUVs - how many 7 passenger SUVs does Toyota / Lexus / Scion have? And how many of those have usable space behind the 3rd row - the hallmark of a useful 7 passenger SUV.

Some people just want a 5 passenger car with a high seating position.

Mgescuro - 75K sounds like a reasonable target if its CTS grade design. If it follows in the footsteps of the BLS - I'd be concerned as well.

·
Banned
1,586 Posts
Cadillac has a ton of empty nest baby boomers to sell cars to so this doesn't need to be a 5 seater. It's the entry level Cadillac Crossover.

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
I'm just glad to see a different green house than the 9-4x spy shots.

·
Banned
11,892 Posts
75,000 annual production of the BRX/CTX??
I don't know, but that sounds overly ambitious.
Doesn't seem ambitious to me.. How many RXes does Lexus sell?

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
Once my kids are gone I won't be needing seating for 7 anymore. And something like this would be perfect as my wife prefers the higher up feeling a CUV or minivan offers.

Also, I find more and more people I know want a crossover. As us boomers age the ability to get into a vehicle becomes important, and one higher up off the ground helps enormously.

BTW, someone should do a correlation with sports and sporty car sales in the 60s through 80s compared to minivan sales through the 80s and 90s and then with crossover sales from the 90s through to today. I bet its very tight and coupled directly to the boomers. It's also why I figure sales of the Challenger, Mustang, and Camaro will do fairly well as a slew of boomers who have fond memory of their desires in the 60s and 70s act on it now that they can afford it and their kids either gone or close to it.

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
looks good. want a 7 seater, buy an Escalade (ESV) otherwise you get the appropriate size/price vehicle a la BRX.

CobaltSS

Want to be 'cheap' and get a 7 seater, you don't deserve a Cadillac, so get a Buick Enclave!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Maybe Cadillac is onto something. Maybe not everyone needs a 7 passenger SUV, and maybe GM has 4 other 7 passenger crossover SUVs - how many 7 passenger SUVs does Toyota / Lexus / Scion have? And how many of those have usable space behind the 3rd row - the hallmark of a useful 7 passenger SUV.

Some people just want a 5 passenger car with a high seating position.

Mgescuro - 75K sounds like a reasonable target if its CTS grade design. If it follows in the footsteps of the BLS - I'd be concerned as well.
IMO in order for Cadillac to remain competitive in all of the luxury categories it needs to have a 7 seat passenger vehicle and by that I dont mean that big @... overweight gussied up Tahoe. Something smaller would be just as substantial and would still give the brand an edge on the competition even if it was just optional like with the RAV 4. I think if they would've updated the SRX and designed it with less wagonlike features rather than allowing it to whither and rot on the vine it could have been more competitive. Don't kill a product because it's a slow seller perfect it by making improvements.

On a side note in reference to the empty nesters and baby boomers, I thought the meaning of Cadillac's whole 'arts and science' design campaign was to decrease the average age of it's buyers not sustain them.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
IMO in order for Cadillac to remain competitive in all of the luxury categories it needs to have a 7 passenger vehicle and by that I dont mean that big @... overweight gussied up Tahoe. Something smaller would be just as substantial and would still give the brand an edge on the competition. I thought the meaning of Cadillac's whole 'arts and science' design campaign was to decrease the average age of it's buyers not sustain it.
It's not the BRX/CTX...it's meant to chase the RDX, x3, EX37 and other 5 seaters, not the 7 seaters.

The RX may get 7 seats, but Lexus is already planning a smaller crossover to go after the 5 seat crowd. The

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
looks good. want a 7 seater, buy an Escalade (ESV) otherwise you get the appropriate size/price vehicle a la BRX.

CobaltSS

Want to be 'cheap' and get a 7 seater, you don't deserve a Cadillac, so get a Buick Enclave!
Or a GMC Yukon XL Denali! :D (Although 'cheap' is a bit harsh - how about 'frugal,' hahaha...)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
In order to unseat the Lexus RX, Caddy better bring their A-game. It goes back to you better offer everything the RX has and more at a decent price point.

The RX is head & shoulders better than anything out there and it's sales prove it.

I have high hopes for the BRX and I hope GM is prepared to bring the Howitzer to the gun battle with Lexus instead of the proverbial knife of the past.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts