GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
I'm glad they're not just dropping it.

It would be nice if they update the styling of the interior as well...something in line with the new CTS interior design would be nice.

·
Registered
44,166 Posts
So what kind of engine is being stuffed into the XLR??
3 years to give it a final hurrah before it goes into the junkyard in the sky... :sad:

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
One of these days, I hope to buy a used XLR. I have always admired its looks, and when I can see my way clear to have a weekend "fun" car, I'm going on the hunt.

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
One of these days, I hope to buy a used XLR. I have always admired its looks, and when I can see my way clear to have a weekend "fun" car, I'm going on the hunt.
That's my plan too. Way too expensive now though. Where's those famous GM plummeting resale values when you need them?

·
Registered
277 Posts
2009 Cadillac XLR spy shots

It's nice to see these first spy photos of the 2009 Cadillac XLR mere minutes after we just dropped the hot load of Fierenzo. Essentially the Cadillac XLR is a re-skinned Corvette. A drop-dead gorgeous skin, but still a re-skin. So what have we got on the new hotness with two doors from Caddy? Not much unfortunately. Thanks to the Chicago Tribune, we know the 2009 Cadillac XLR will go public in July.

Source: jalopnik.com

http://jalopnik.com/366380/2009-cadillac-xlr-roadster

·
Premium Member
9,366 Posts
Re: 2009 Cadillac XLR spy shots

Great! I can't wait to see what they do to the interior.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Re: 2009 Cadillac XLR spy shots

Wonder what the engine's going to be. Is it going to be the swan song for the supercharged Northstar, or is it going to going to get the CTS-V's LSA?

·
Registered
6,295 Posts

·
Registered
16,689 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I also want the XLR to lose some weight, maybe adopt the techniques Mazda and Jag use to make their vehicles bigger, but lighter.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
So what kind of engine is being stuffed into the XLR??
3 years to give it a final hurrah before it goes into the junkyard in the sky... :sad:
I've read that too. I can't believe that Cadillac would lack a roadster. Perhaps a replacement under a different name (XLR name is somehow tainted)?

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
1 - 20 of 135 Posts