GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
SPOTTED: Next Gen Aveo!​

Here is some picture i found while surfing Chinese Auto site. Here is some spy shots for the chinese chevy Lova, think they are giving it a better interior than the current one.

You can see the new Chevy face, as well as some injection of the Beat and Cruze that will debut in a few months. The Lova in China is the Chevy Aveo in other markets, namely North America. The next gen Aveo is said to be powerd by the same "Family Zero" engines that will be in such hyper-milage cars like the Cruze and GM's new halo car, the Chevy Volt.
This is a huge departure from the current Aveo, and hopefully its gas milage will put it ahead of the Fit, Versa, and Yaris.

http://www.pcauto.com.cn/

http://community.webshots.com/album/566212511TnVaaL?vhost=community

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Re: Facelift for Chinese Chevy Lova aka Aveo

The front looks like it's getting a mini-Malibu treatment. Really resembles it, and the Cruze too.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

This actually looks promising, but if it isn't a completely new car, it better be a 2 or 3 year stop-gap.

On second thought, these improvements look a lot better than the current car, so let's get this started with an N.A. 1.4 Ecotec and on it's way!!

·
Super Moderator
10,888 Posts

This actually looks promising, but if it isn't a completely new car, it better be a 2 or 3 year stop-gap.

On second thought, these improvements look a lot better than the current car, so let's get this started with an N.A. 1.4 Ecotec and on it's way!!
Agreed - it looks better. If this is truly an update (and not an all new Lova/Aveo masquerading in the current Aveo's body panels) then GM probably hopes to get a few more years out of the current generation.

Promising for sure - let's hope they do it justice.

·
Registered
8,341 Posts

They should totally bring that here! Another reason why GM doesn't know what they are doing!

:lmao:
The upcoming Aveo is much more than just a facelift, I wouldn't want that version anyway.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts

Um...this would be the next gen Aveo....

This is being moved to to the press area.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
That is a huge speedometer, occupying the dashboard. That may pose a huge problem for those who prefer a manual transmission. How are you suppose to change gears without the tachometer?

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
People who drive Yaris's do it every day. I did it for the first eight years of my driving. It is really no big deal.

·
Registered
369 Posts
That is a huge speedometer, occupying the dashboard. That may pose a huge problem for those who prefer a manual transmission. How are you suppose to change gears without the tachometer?
If you don't know how to shift without the tacometer then you shouldn't drive manual since your a real danger for other's!

I have a manual cobalt and I only check the tac when people ask me to what RPM I usually shift, I don't check often enaugh to remember so I have to when they ask me. Shifting properly is more related to the sound and the load on the engine.

·
Registered
998 Posts

Check out an excellent example of making a simple sequential box, complicated:

...on second thought, I like it (although the gears are backwards for my liking)
It's logical to most people, just not people who are used to manuals.

Plus typically always comes on top of minus.

·
Registered
998 Posts
If you don't know how to shift without the tacometer then you shouldn't drive manual since your a real danger for other's!

I have a manual cobalt and I only check the tac when people ask me to what RPM I usually shift, I don't check often enaugh to remember so I have to when they ask me. Shifting properly is more related to the sound and the load on the engine.
I still love to know what RPM I'm driving at, for fuel economy reasons.

Perhaps the dash won't be shared with its NA brother.

I must say however that I'm happy to finally see Volt and WTC... Whatever it is concept cues being applied to vehicles, and that in a proper way (bulging grille, rather than the tacky look of the Cruze's, for instance).

...Yeah, once again the subcompact's going to look better than the compact (well, except with the SS grille).

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I think this is just a Lova update for the Chinese market that will carry on the old T250 platform for several years after the ROW Aveo moves to Gamma.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts