GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One more article about some rare Trans-Am, the Macho T/A.
The Macho T/A was the brainchild of two brothers, Dennis and Kyle Mecham. Their family owned a Pontiac dealership in Glendale, Arizona. They knew that while the Trans Am offered better performance figures than its competition, there was more to be found with some simple tuning. They also wanted their offerings to stand out from the crowd, so they treated the cars to their own unique brand of exterior enhancements. The Macho was offered with a total of 24 paint and trim combinations, but if a buyer handed over an additional $150, they could have something more personalized. This Pontiac is finished in Martinique Blue, a shade that only appeared on the Trans Am color palette in 1978. It presents superbly, with no signs of dings, dents, or flaws. The paint shines beautifully, and all of the distinctive stripes and graphics that were an integral part of the Macho package are in superb condition. The beauty on this one isn’t merely skin deep because it has managed to remain rust-free during its entire life. This one also features a T-Top, and its condition appears to be just as impressive as the rest of the exterior. The alloy wheels show no signs of staining or damage, while the glass appears to be flawless.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,099 Posts
It makes me wish I were young again for some reason. It sure is nice looking.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well, it's been a while since I've seen a 1978 Pontiac. The engine compartment looks so clean and properly maintained. I love the stylish wheels on this car, I guess I've seen a similar model on 4wheelonline before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts