GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
If they can slap an SRT badge on a Grand Cherokee, why not a Nitro?
That's sort of a disservice to the Grand Cherokee SRT8. Driving that was the most fun I've ever had behind the wheel of an SUV, behind the time I got on a race track in a Trailblazer SS. I wish that the Nitro was based on the Grand rather than the Liberty, since it would be a lot more comfortable if it were just a bit wider and longer.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Haven't heard anything about this vehicle.... Wondering if it's an actual SRT prototype or something else.....

http://www.leftlanenews.com/dodge-nitro-srt8.html
Wait a minute... Chryslerbus has the worst inventory problems of all the Detroit brands. They have acknowledged that they're too truck-heavy in their sales fleet, so they're pumping money into an SRT-8 version of a vehicle that's not selling well?!! :fall:

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
This was just posted on the Autoblog website:

UPDATE: We're fairly certain this is a fake perpetrated with a spare "SRT-8" badge and some super glue, having gotten confirmation from a number of sources that there's no way the 6.1L HEMI would fit in the Nitro. Thanks, Dodge.
Looks like its a fake.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Just what I expected. Bring back the 4.0l six and call it the SRT6 with more HP and TQ with some DI and we have a good new engine...

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
nothing can save the Nitro

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
It's probably a mule that was probably testing a diesel and the engineer
decided to have some fun Oh by the way this is a :repost:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
It's probably a mule that was probably testing a diesel and the engineer
decided to have some fun Oh by the way this is a :repost:
I agree with that, I think they are testing a diesel

·
Registered
1,469 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
a nitro srt-8 would be sweet, and actually, this post was started at 11:16 AM march 12th, and GMfan1111's post was started at 12:42 Pm, march 12th. So GMfan1111's is the repost. (i couldn't resist pointin that out)

mine was first I posted it on march 12th at 10:42 am the second SRT Nitro thread came after mine. Anyway back on topic here I did see the Nitro in question last week on my way home from Michigan proving ground. And this was not simply another prototype with swapped badges I know my engines and I heard the all too familiar sound of a Hemi engine under the hood of that Nitro

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
that is pretty cool news and to get off topic again, i copied the little date thingy from your post: 03-12-2008, 12:42 PM and from the start of THIS thread: 03-12-2008, 11:16 AM

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
took a look at my post and the time is 10;42 am. it could have been that the both of us posted at the same time and mine happened to be first. but lets not argue about this any further and lets stay on topic. Anyway i wish i could have gotten some pics but Avon Road is a two way street and a U turn was out of the question due to traffic. the next time it shows up around town i'll be ready

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
took a look at my post and the time is 10;42 am. it could have been that the both of us posted at the same time and mine happened to be first. but lets not argue about this any further and lets stay on topic. Anyway i wish i could have gotten some pics but Avon Road is a two way street and a U turn was out of the question due to traffic. the next time it shows up around town i'll be ready
yes, I'll stop arguing. I think it might have to do with time zone?? Anyway, I really can't wait to see some new pics if you grab any.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Chrysler has a long history (and very successful as well) with Turbos. What's keeping them from Dropping a Turbo 4 into the Nitro, and offering it as lower consumption vehicle? This could be done across the line, and is more cost effective than launching new vehicles or closing down production lines, that are not yet paid for.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts