GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
agreed but the chunky rear pillars are going to make rear visibility an issue. I hope it sells well but unless caddy comes up with a good way to advertise the positives of this car it will still face some competition from SUV's (which were responsible for the original downfall of the station wagon market in the U.S)

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Nice to see a rwd wagon from GM. Hopefully they will make a smaller model for chevy. I doubt it though.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Visibility is already an issue with the sedan, it's going to be awful with that huge dpillar.

It looks like Caddy cheaped out and have the rear doors as the sedan and the extreme slope of the roof will limit cargo carrying capacity.

I've said it before that if this wagon fails, GM will stop trying to build wagons altogether.
Wagons are the most efficient and sensible vehicle made and they should put more effort into them.
The G8 Sportwagon should be here now.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
It looks like Caddy cheaped out and have the rear doors as the sedan and the extreme slope of the roof will limit cargo carrying capacity.
The page says the CTW has 58 cubic feet of cargo with rear seats down, which is about the same as the BMW M5 Touring's 57.8 (although this number varies from website to website) but much less than the E-class wagon's 69 (!).

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I like the idea that GM will have a RWD wagon,and yes, this may be the last one it will build if it's a failure, however, The D-pillar is dangerously large and the interior space is laughably small. The money spent on this should have gone to once again overhauling the very competent SRX.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
agreed but the chunky rear pillars are going to make rear visibility an issue. I hope it sells well but unless caddy comes up with a good way to advertise the positives of this car it will still face some competition from SUV's (which were responsible for the original downfall of the station wagon market in the U.S)

I highly doubt that. Have you looked on used car lots lately? SUV's are finally going the way of the dinosaur.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
uhhh.... so it's a CTS inside? who would've thought that?!?!

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
uhhh.... so it's a CTS inside? who would've thought that?!?!
hahahaha! I thought the same thing! Show us the cargo area, we can pretty much figure out what the front seats/IP look like. Oy vey. There's news and then there's post whoring.:D

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Visibility is already an issue with the sedan.

Says who? I owned one and never had any rear visibility issues. Personally, I like cars with thick C/D pillars it gives them presence! I remember all the cars from the 80's with thin rear pillars and always disliked them.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
I highly doubt that. Have you looked on used car lots lately? SUV's are finally going the way of the dinosaur.
true SUV sales have plummeted in recent years but there will still be folks who will cling to their sport utilitys to the bitter end and won't readily embrace the wagon at first. However i feel once they see the positives of this car they will start buying them

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Wonderful car. Great interior. Too bad by the time it comes out GM will be in the midst of staving off a bankruptcy and will be in third place in the US market behind Honda and Toyota :unsure:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I'm guessing that a huge reason the G8 wagon isn't coming here is Cadillac doesn't want competition from a cheaper priced V-8 powered competitor.

Has anyone driven the G8 back to back with the CTS? Which one has superior driving dynamics?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts