GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
OK good, but is Saturn still getting their (hopefully, essentially unchanged) Zafira?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I hope they don't plan on calling this HHR. This could slot above it, but that would put a lot of cars in the Chevy stable

Aveo / Groove or Trax
Cobalt / Cruze
HHR
Colorado
MP-7
Equinox
Malibu
Traverse
Silverado
Whatever they call the Full-size Van
Tahoe
Suburban
Corvette
Kodiak

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
I hope they don't plan on calling this HHR. This could slot above it, but that would put a lot of cars in the Chevy stable
If it carries 7, it would technically slot above the 'Nox, right? Though, I bet the cargo room would be quite a bit less. Is it bigger than the 'Nox though? It might not be. Oh well, whatever.

Whatever they call the Full-size Van
Express last time I checked, but I had to think about it for a minute.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
This is probably aimed at Europe... basically a Zafira equivalent at Chevrolet. Fair bit larger than the Rezzo... wonder if they'll do a shorter version too. Many European people movers exist in regular and long versions.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Hey Ron, they need two FWD and two RWD so people have choices. Nothing wrong with choices.

People like you killed my RWD coupe Impala... ;)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
If the Cruze and Astra wagons don't make it over here, then the Saturn Zafira is my next ride. I want the monocab design, not the boxy Chevy.

And what is it with those VUE Mirrors? They look out of place on that mule....

Ken

·
Banned
6,653 Posts
Hey Ron, they need two FWD and two RWD so people have choices. Nothing wrong with choices.

People like you killed my RWD coupe Impala... ;)
I'll give you 2 FWD and 2 RWD. The problem is that Chevy has 3 of each!

FWD:
Equinox
Traverse
This new MPV thing

RWD:
Trailblazer
Tahoe
Suburban

I say there should be a 5 passenger Equinox, 7 Passenger Traverse, Tahoe and Suburban.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Can GM do something besides an SUV type vehicle? PLEASE?

It seems GM cant,just suck it down with the rest of the crap GM is feeding us.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
GM has been muttering about this for over a year now. I'll believe it when I see it on the road. GM takes so long to bring a new model to market that their competition will have an equivalent (or better) on the road years before them. Honda plans to bring the Stream to N.A. within the next year and Toyota will have a wagon within the next 3 months. GM is talking about 2010? Maybe if they didn't waste so much time on their Lambdas (4 of them? waste of TIME!) they would notice there is more to the market than buyers who want a CUV instead of a minivan.:mad:

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
First is this even coming to the U.S. .. and second if it does where would it fit in the Chevy line up... if anything ic this going to Saturn if it comes Stateside.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
style seems to remind me of the Suzuki Axiom. Which I kinda like. This could battle a Element. Does Honda have a redesign for Element? Does Toyota have a similiar model?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
2011 Chevrolet Tacuma Minivan Spied Testing

We just got our hands on a set of photos of the 2011 Chevrolet Tacuma minivan, the would-be and should-be replacement for the Chevy Uplander, testing in Europe. The quick shutters at AutoScoop caught not one, but two of the minivans in full camouflage. As reported, this family hauler should be based on the Delta platform, which also underpins the Chevy Volt and Chevy Cruze. What will this new GM minivan be like?

Article continued here with gallery...

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Re: 2011 Chevrolet Tacuma Minivan Spied Testing

Let me be the first to throw the theory out there that this will be the HHR replacement. The way GM is handling its small FWD cars nowadays (with the exception of Volt), I could really see that happening. At least then, the interior would be about 300% better than the current HHR.

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
Rather chunky.... Looks like a scaled-down Traverse...

To succeed in the MPV market in Europe, you now have to outdo this:

I don't think the Chevrolet pictured has what it takes. To be able to successfully market a refrigerator-shaped MPV, your name has to be Volkswagen.

I hope the camo hides something astonishing. But I am afraid it does not.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts